I. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our site serves to bring people together. Whether they have one of the diseases listed on our boards or not, we invite you to participate in our community. The purpose of the chat rooms and message boards are to exchange information and ideas, and to offer support to peers. We encourage newly diagnosed patients as well as those who have been coping for some time to share their support, wisdom, and experiences. We also encourage people who are interested in General Health to participate. Please note that this website is private property, not public domain. Its use is a privilege, not a right.
Thank you in advance for complying with the following guidelines, which we believe will ensure a positive experience for you and all members.
II. POLICIES AND DISCLAIMERS
By using ProHealth message and chat, you agree to the Code of Conduct.
All users must be at least 18 years of age. Knowingly and willingly continuing a discussion with anyone under this age could results in loss of privilege.
The use of the message boards and chat rooms constitutes acceptance of our policies and disclaimers and all administrative decisions. Members are responsible for reading and following all rules. You agree, through use of service, that you will not post any material which is:
- knowingly false and/or defamatory
- harassing, threatening, or bullying
- obscene, profane or sexually-explicit
- invasive of privacy
- market any service or product
Proprietary Rights in Content on ProHealth Sites
You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the ProHealth Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the ProHealth Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by
reason of any Content posted by you to or through the ProHealth Services.
The ProHealth Services contain Content of ProHealth (ProHealth Content). ProHealth.com Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and ProHealth owns and retains all rights in the ProHealth Content and the ProHealth Services. ProHealth hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the ProHealth Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the ProHealth Website and using the ProHealth Services.
Please note information contributed will be openly accessible on the Internet. We therefore request you keep any personal and financial information private.
We are not responsible for, nor vouch for, the content, accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message. The messages express the views of the author, not necessarily those of ProHealth, Inc., nor any entity associated with us. You remain solely responsible for the content of any messages and agree to indemnify and hold harmless ProHealth, Inc. and our agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). ProHealth, Inc. reserves the right to kick users out of the chat rooms & message boards, or completely ban them. ProHealth, Inc. reserves the right to edit or delete any message, for any reason, at our discretion. Always consult your physician before trying any user recommended treatments.
ProHealth may delete any Content that in the sole judgment of ProHealth violates this Agreement or which may be offensive, illegal or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any person. ProHealth assumes no responsibility for monitoring the ProHealth Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time ProHealth chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the ProHealth Services, ProHealth nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on or through any of the ProHealth Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. ProHealth does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by ProHealth prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of ProHealth. ProHealth makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
ProHealth, Inc. reserves the right to reveal your identity, as well as any information obtained about you, in the event of a complaint or legal action arising for any message posted by you.
Unlawful or Harmful Content or Conduct
Although as an online service provider, we are not responsible for the conduct of our users, we want ProHealth to be a safe place on the internet. Therefore, in using ProHealth, you may not:
- impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity
- use ProHealth to send or make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation
- post or share any personally identifiable or private information of any third party
- solicit passwords or personal information from anyone, including those under 18
- post or request for members to take part in third party clinical trials or research
- post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
- use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization or create a false identity on the Service or the Site
- engage in any predatory or stalking conduct
Additionally, the Content which includes, but is not limited to any of the following, may not be posted if it:
- is patently offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, or email addresses;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, spimming, or spamming;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personally identifiable information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent.
Chat Room Transcripts
All chat room conversations are recorded for the safety and security of the community. The transcripts and message boards are reviewed and monitored as time permits. It is not possible to review or confirm the validity of any information prior to its being posted or shared in a chat room, considering the real time nature of the site.
Bans occur due to breaking of any rules. Warnings are given first unless it is obvious disregard which shows prior knowledge of those rules. Final decisions are made by the administration of ProHealth, Inc. Any user who is banned is denied permission from any further access to the chat or message boards. This is not dependant on username, it is based on the user who is denied access. Any future attempted use will be documented. If the user is found to again access the site, they may be charged with trespassing. We reserve the right to declare choice of venue. The user will also be responsible for all lost time of ProHealth, Inc. employees and all legal fees associated with any legal dispute.
This Week's Top Story
Abstract: Epitopes of Microbial and Human Heat Shock Protein 60 and Their Recognition in M...
December 5, 2013 [more]
Abstract: An elevated pro-inflammatory cytokine profile in multiple chemical sensitivity...
December 4, 2013 [more]
Ryan Prior Launches Fundraising Platform for Blue Ribbon...
December 3, 2013 [more]
Research Finds Combo of Plant Nutrients Kills Breast Cancer Cells...
December 2, 2013 [more]
Help Fund a Year of ME/FM Awareness!...
December 2, 2013 [more]
Abstract: A Review of Antiepileptic Drugs for Neuropathic Pain and Fibromyalgia...
December 2, 2013 [more]
Abstract: The role of clinical guidelines for chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomy...
December 1, 2013 [more]
More Fibromyalgia News »
More ME/CFS News »
More Health News »