8 - 17 of 26 Records Currently sorted by: Views DESC re-sort asc
Microbiome linked to type 1 diabetes
- Largest longitudinal study to date sees shift in microbiome species diversity prior to onset of disease.
February 14, 2015
# of Ratings: 2 |
Baylor Scientist Finds First Direct Evidence of Gene-Exposure Link in Gulf War Illness
- A study finds that veterans with variants of the BChE gene were more likely to have GWI if they took pyridostigmine.
February 02, 2015
# of Ratings: 6 |
Lyme disease costs up to $1. 3 billion per year to treat, study finds
- Research suggests that a prolonged illness associated with Lyme disease is more widespread and serious than previously understood.
February 16, 2015
# of Ratings: 12 |
Common Allergy Medication May Be Effective In Starving and Killing the Bacteria That Causes Lyme ...
- Study offers insights into metabolic activity of borrelia burgdorferi and may lead to first targeted therapy for Lyme disease.
February 19, 2015
# of Ratings: 7 |
Link between inflammation and type 2 diabetes identified
- A new insight into insulin resistance paves the way for exploring new treatments.
February 15, 2015 Ziba Kashef
# of Ratings: 5 |
Added fructose is a principal driver of type 2 diabetes, experts argue
- Clinical experts challenge current dietary guidelines allowing up to 25 percent of total daily calories as added sugars.
February 06, 2015
# of Ratings: 3 |
VIDEO: Diagnosing and Treating Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A video explains why B12 deficiency is dangerous.
February 20, 2015
# of Ratings: 8 |
Do viruses make us smarter?
- A new study indicates that inherited viruses that are millions of years old play an important role in building up neural networks.
February 05, 2015
# of Ratings: 7 |
Organic food reduces pesticide exposure
- A new study is among the first to predict a person’s pesticide exposure based on information about their usual diet.
February 12, 2015
# of Ratings: 4 |
Nationwide study reports shifts in Americans’ use of natural products
- NIH conducts a survey to evaluate Americans' use of supplements
February 18, 2015
# of Ratings: 1 |