This Introductory Self-Help Course, which begins March 22, is a 6-week guided email discussion group that focuses on practical strategies for managing common problems of CFIDS and fibromyalgia. The cost of the course, which includes a copy of The Patient’s Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, is $30.
To learn more and to register (by Monday, March 15), go to the nonprofit CFIDS & Fibromyalgia Self-Help website, directed by Dr. Bruce Campbell, PhD - www.cfidsselfhelp.org/online-courses Dr. Campbell - who was diagnosed with CFS himself in 1997 - developed and still lives by the techniques covered in his Self-Help programs.
As ME/CFS & FM doctor Charles Lapp (www.drlapp.net) stated recently, "Our patients don't need psycho-babble; they need help understanding their illness, coping with day-to-day issues, and regular support... I recommend Bruce's program to all our patients, and hand out copies of his book in the office."
• Managing fatigue, pain and sleep
• Achieving short-term goals
• Managing stress
• Managing feelings such as worry, frustration, depression and loss
• Improving relationships and building support
• 6 weeks long
• Groups consist of about 15 people each
• Led by trained peer volunteers (people with CFS or fibromyalgia)
• Taught via list server (email). All you need is an email address to participate
• After completing the course, you can join a free alumni discussion group and/or take Creating Your Plan and Living Your Plan courses.
See also the CFIDS & Fibromyalgia Self-Help website's extensive free patient library.