Again this year the Vermont CFIDS Association (www.vtcfids.org) is inviting healthcare grad and medical students – regardless of financial need - to submit an essay on a specified CFIDS-related topic.
The writer of the winning essay will receive this year’s $1,000 Dr. Kenneth J Friedman Vermont CFIDS Scholarship, to be applied toward the tuition for his/her education. (Dr. Friedman plays key roles in a long list of ME/CFS research and advocacy organizations, including the Vermont CFIDS Assoc.)
• The application requirements, application form, and essay topic & format details are provided at http://www.vtcfids.org/scholarship_2012.html (scroll down to see all)
• Deadline is Aug 15, 2012 for electronic essay submission to Vermont CFIDS Assoc. President Rik Carlson (email@example.com);
• Everyone who submits an essay will receive a certificate of participation;
• The winning entry will be announced Sep 15, 2012, and will be posted, along with other selected entries, on the Vermont CFIDS Association website and elsewhere as appropriate.
• The goals are for students pursuing professions in healthcare to: 1) Learn about CFIDS, also known as chronic fatigue syndrome and ME/CFS, and its diagnosis & management, and thus 2) be better able as healthcare professionals “to assist and provide compassionate care for patients suffering from CFIDS and similar, complex diseases with no known cures.”
Again, for information and to apply, go to http://www.vtcfids.org/scholarship_2012.html.