The International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME (IACFS/ME) will hold its 2009 International Patient and Clinician Conference – Developing Interdisciplinary Collaborations - in Reno, Nevada, March 12 to 15. (The deadline for papers is October 1, 2008.)
To receive information as conference details unfold, list your e-mail address at the IACFS/ME website (http://www.iacfsme.org). Briefly:
March 12 – the first day – will feature the PATIENT CONFERENCE, with presentations on:
• New developments in possible causes of ME/CFS
• New research on what helps people to cope with ME/CFS
• Latest research on pathophysiology of ME/CFS
• Advances in assessing ME/CFS
• New developments in pharmacologic treatments.
Also on March 12, first time CLINICIAN WORKSHOPS will offer guidance on how to assess & treat ME/CFS patients and apply for research grants.
And March 13 through 15 will be dedicated to the SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE with presentation and discussion of ME/CFS research and treatment advances – and a focus on future collaborations.