The Theme: New Research and Perspectives in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)
Date & Place: Sunday October 26, Sheraton Eatontown Conference Center (Monmouth County)
Featuring Guest Speakers:
• John Chia, MD - The Role of Enteroviruses in CFS
Dr. Chia, at UCLA School of Medicine, discovered 82% of CFS patients in his study had evidence of enterovirus in their stomachs. Is now investigating treatment strategies.
• Kenneth Friedman, PhD - Evolving Strategies for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research and Education
Dr. Friedman, New Jersey Medical School, Newark. Author of lead chapter in New Jersey Consensus Manual for the Primary Care and Management of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Former CFS Advisory Committee member, and source of many CFSAC recommendations on research to the Secretary of Health.
• Pat Fennell, MSW, LCSW-R - CFS, Quality of Life, and the Chronic Illness Era
A researcher and clinician specialized in chronic illness, trauma, forensics and hospice care. Founder of a firm specializing in chronic illness management consulting and education - Albany Health Management Associates.
• Susan Levine, MD, FACP - New Infectious Causes of CFS and Methods of Detection
A much-published infectious disease, allergy & immunology expert specializing in ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia, and a contributing author to the New Jersey Consensus Manual.
Q&A Panel Session - Attendees may submit questions to the speakers
For More Information and To Register:
• Go to http://www.njcfsa.org/CONF.html for registration information and a downloadable copy of the brochure
• Or go to http://www.njcfsa.org/ for more information.
• NJCFSA Information Hot Line 1-888-835-3677
$35 if pre-registered by October 12
$45 to register at door
CME Credits for Physicians, Nursing Contact Hours applied for through conference co-sponsor Monmouth Medical Center.