Department of Health & Human Services Announces Meeting of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC)
Summary: As stipulated by the Federal Advisory Committee Act, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is hereby giving notice that the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) will hold a meeting. The meeting will be open to the public.
Dates: The meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 27, 2009, and Thursday, May 28, 2009. The meeting will be held from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. on both days.
Addresses: Department of Health and Human Services; Room 800 Hubert H. Humphrey Building; 200 Independence Avenue, SW.; Washington, DC 20201.
For Further Information Contact: Wanda K. Jones, Dr. P.H.; Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health (Women's Health); Department of Health and Human Services; 200 Independence Avenue, SW.; Hubert Humphrey Building Room 712E; Washington, DC 20201; (202) 690-7650.
Supplementary Information: CFSAC was established on September 5, 2002. The Committee was established to advise, consult with, and make recommendations to the Secretary, through the Assistant Secretary for Health, on a broad range of topics including (1) The current state of the knowledge and research about the epidemiology and risk factors relating to chronic fatigue syndrome, and identifying potential opportunities in these areas; (2) current and proposed diagnosis and treatment methods for chronic fatigue syndrome; and (3) development and implementation of programs to inform the public, health care professionals, and the biomedical, academic, and research communities about chronic fatigue syndrome advances.
The agenda for this meeting is being developed. The agenda will be posted on the CFSAC Web site, http://www.hhs.gov/advcomcfs, when it is finalized. [Ed Note: Typically shortly before the meeting.]
• Public attendance at the meeting is limited to space available.
• Individuals must provide a photo ID for entry into the building where the meeting is scheduled to be held.
• Individuals who plan to attend and need special assistance, such as sign language interpretation or other reasonable accommodations, should notify the designated contact person.
• Members of the public will have the opportunity to provide comments at the meeting.
• Individuals who wish to address the Committee during the public comment session must pre-register by May 22, 2009. Any individual who wishes to participate in the public comment session should call the telephone number listed in the contact information - (202) 690-7650 - to register. Public comment will be limited to five minutes per speaker.
• Members of the public who wish to have printed material distributed to CFSAC members for discussion should submit, at a minimum, one copy of the materials to the Executive Secretary CFSAC, prior to close of business on May 22, 2009. Contact information for the Executive Secretary, CFSAC is:
Wanda K. Jones, Dr. P.H.
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health (Women's Health) and Executive Secretary CFSAC
Department of Health and Human Services; 200 Independence Avenue, SW.; Hubert Humphrey Building Room 712E; Washington, DC 20201;
Dated: March 24, 2009.