NEW VISIONS: Outcome Changing Interventions for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
October 12, 2003
What: Outcome Changing Interventions for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
Where: United Hospital, St. Paul, Minnesota
When: Sunday, October 12, 2003
Who: Presenters include Daniel Clauw, M.D., Darlene Kvist, MS, CNS, LN, and Rick Snyder, JD.
11:30 Registration , Exhibits, and Silent Auction
12:30 Welcome and Update
12:45 Fibromyalgia, CFS and Related Syndromes: Update on Mechanisms and Treatments—Daniel Clauw, MD
2:20 Break, Exhibits, and Silent Auction
3:05 Jump Start Your Energy!—Darlene Kvist, MS, CNS, LN
4:45 Post Conference Workshop on Private Disability Insurance: Answers to Sticky Questions—Rick Snyder, JD
Topics To Be Covered:
Fibromyalgia, CFS and Related Syndromes
• Clinical features commonly seen in FM and CFS patients
• Systemic and regional syndromes that overlap in FM and CFS
• Likely pathogenic mechanisms playing a role in FM and CFS
• The most appropriate treatments for FM and CFS
Jump Start Your Energy!
• The basics of balanced eating
• How unstable blood sugars and insulin decrease energy and increase pain
• Why choosing man-made over a real food leads to poor health
• The importance of protein in neurotransmitter production in muscle tissue
Private Disability Insurance
• Critical items to remember for successful claims
• Barriers to benefits from insurers and from the illness
• The importance of timing in benefits disputes
Exhibit & Sponsorship Opportunities!
Videotaping and Production
Conference Manual Insert and Ad
Donation for Silent Auction
Great rates! Call today for more information:
866-644-4975 (outside metro)
The Minnesota Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Fibromyalgia Association is a grassroots community-based support and advocacy organization working to improve the health and well being of people with CFS, FM, and related illnesses. The Association has featured internationally known CFS and FM researchers, clinicians, psychologists and chronic illness experts at its annual Fall conferences since 1990.
Be the first to comment on this article!