Pledge for Fridge
Cut out at dotted line and tape to refrigerator
Fibromyalgia Patient Affirmation
1. I have a real condition called fibromyalgia.
2. My fibromyalgia is not life threatening and I am not going to die from fibromyalgia.
3. My condition is not deforming or paralyzing.
4. Fibromyalgia does not turn into a life-threatening, deforming, or paralyzing disease.
5. I can do many things to “heal” my fibromyalgia even if it can’t be cured right now.
6. It won’t be easy having fibromyalgia, but I will learn as much as I can about my condition.
7. I will use that knowledge to manage my condition and gain control of my life with fibromyalgia.
* Dr. Mark J Pellegrino, MD, has had fibromyalgia himself since childhood. He sees patients at the Ohio Pain & Rehab Specialists Center. This affirmation is reproduced with permission from his book Fibromyalgia: Up Close & Personal © Anadem Publishing, Inc. and Mark Pellegrino, MD, 2005.