Tools that Increase the Body’s Cellular Energy and Promote Healing
Matter is comprised of energy, and all biochemical processes in the body are driven by energy. That means we are energetic beings. This isn’t some “woo woo” concept; it has been proven in scientific studies. Lyme-literate doctor Dr. Lee Cowden and I discuss ways to measure the energy of the body using a variety of scientific devices and hands-on diagnostic techniques in our 2014 book, BioEnergetic Tools for Wellness (along with ways to heal the body using energy medicine). And all remedies; from herbs to vitamins, hormones and antibiotics, contain energetic frequencies that affect the body’s energetic field—for better or worse.
This has been proven scientifically, as has the fact that all of our cells contain a specific energetic frequency. The frequency of the cells is affected by the health of the cells, and when the cells vibrate at lower frequencies, which can occur as a result of toxins, infections or trauma, over time, disease develops in the body. Bruce Tainio (of Tainio Technology, an independent division of Eastern State University in Cheny, Washington)—who built the first frequency monitor in the world, determined that the average frequency range of the human body should be between 60-68 MHz, although the frequency of a particular cell depends upon the type of cell that it is and where it is found in the body. In general, when the frequency of the cells is lowered to around 58 MHz, pathogens and infections can take hold in the body, and when the energy drops to around 42 MHz, cancer can occur.
For the body to be healthy and recover from disease, the cells must have energy and vibrate within a certain frequency range. This is because the cells need energy to carry out their basic functions, to kick out toxins, uptake nutrients, fight pathogens, and to regenerate. Interestingly, I have found that increasing the energy of the cells isn’t a foremost consideration in most doctors’ treatment protocols. Yet without an adequate amount of energy, the cells cannot perform the tasks required to heal the body.
For example, many integrative cancer doctors now believe that cancer occurs when the mitochondria (which are the energy-producing organelles within the cell)—are damaged by toxins and other factors. When the mitochondria don’t work, the cells have low voltage and this sets up conditions that can cause the cells to become cancerous. Thomas Seyfried, a PhD biologist and researcher at Boston University provides compelling evidence for this in his book, Cancer as a Metabolic Disease: On the Origin, Management, and Prevention of Cancer.
The mitochondria are adversely affected in Lyme disease, as are other parts of the cell. And you probably don’t need a test to understand that Lyme causes a serious depletion of energy in the body, for many reasons.
It is beyond the scope of this article to go into all of the factors that influence the body’s energy; on a macro and micro level, but suffice it to say that there are things that you can do to raise the vibrational energy of your cells, which in turn will support the healing of your body.
I have personally done many of the following things and found them to be incredibly beneficial for increasing my energy and overall wellbeing. Perhaps you’ll find them useful, too.
· Spend time in the sunshine. Sunshine is a form of energy that raises cellular energy. Have you ever noticed that you feel better after spending a little time in the sun? I know that I do.
Subscribe to the World's Most Popular Newsletter (it's free!)
· Practice grounding and electromagnetic pollution mitigation. We are all awash in a sea of manmade electromagnetic fields (EMFs), from cell phones, computers, Wi-Fi, smart meters and other sources. These all influence the body’s energy and hamper its ability to recover. Many studies have linked disease to excessive EMF exposure and Thomas Rau of the Paracelsus Klinik in Switzerland discovered that microbes reproduce more readily in the presence of manmade EMF’s, so reducing EMFs in your environment is crucial for recovery. Suggestions for how to do this are found in Dr. Cowden’s and my 2014 book, Create a Toxin-Free Body and Home, Starting Today. I also recommend Kerry Crofton PhD’s book A Wellness Guide for The Digital Age: With Safer-tech Solutions for All Things Wired & Wireless – for brains worth saving. For more information on grounding, which involves connecting your body to the earth by standing barefoot outside or connecting to the earth with tools that balance that body’s energy field see: Earthing.net.
· Eat as many raw fruits and veggies as you can. Raw fruits and veggies contain higher energetic frequencies than other foods, especially cooked and processed foods. The higher energy found in these foods will help to raise your cellular energy. I’m currently doing a raw veggie and fruit fast, and my energy has increased quite noticeably.
· Take supplements that support your mitochondria. It’s a good idea to have your doctor test you to determine the specific supplements that your body may need, including the brands and forms. Two types of vitamin C can have radically different energetic properties, depending what they are made from and how they are produced, and what fillers and additives are in them. This means that supplements can increase or decrease your cellular energy, so you want to make sure to take the right ones and in a form that your body needs. For instance, in Lyme disease, the health of the gut can be compromised, and many people may not be able to digest tablets or capsules, in which case, liquid, sublingual, transdermal or intravenous nutrition may be more effective.
Some mitochondria-supportive supplements include:
1. CO-Q10, which is used for mitochondrial oxidative respiration, the process through which ATP, or energy, is produced.
2. D-ribose. This powerful nutrient helps to regenerate ATP.
3. L-carnitine. The body uses carnitine to shuttle fatty acids into the mitochondria for processing as well as for breaking down fatty acids for energy.
4. Glutathione. The body’s master antioxidant plays a role in maintaining the health of the mitochondria and the immune system and many studies have associated glutathione depletion with poor mitochondrial health.
5. Magnesium and other minerals also play an important role in the creation of ATP.
· Finally, enzymes raise the frequency of the cells by acting as catalysts for chemical reactions and for the uptake and utilization of vitamins and other nutrients. Without an adequate amount of enzymes present, the body can’t utilize vitamins, so enzymes may be important for some people. People with Lyme disease tend to have enzyme deficiencies so choosing a high-quality enzyme to take with your supplements and meals may be important. When taken on an empty stomach, enzymes are also used to break up debris and biofilm.
There are many other strategies and tools for raising your cellular energy—these are just a few that I have found to be helpful. Please feel free to share with me in the comments below what has worked for you, as well.
Connie Strasheim is the author, co-author or ghostwriter of 10 wellness books, including four on Lyme disease, and the upcoming New Paradigms in Lyme Disease Treatment: 10 Top Doctors Share Treatments that Work. She is also a medical copywriter and Editor of Pro Health’s Lyme disease page, as well as Editor of the Alternative Cancer Research Institute. In addition, she is a healing prayer minister. Her passion is to help people with complex chronic illnesses find freedom from disease and soul-spirit sickness using whole body medicine and prayer, and she collaborates with some of the world’s best integrative doctors to do this. In addition to Lyme disease, Connie’s books focus on cancer, nutrition, detoxification and spiritual healing. You can learn more about her work at: www.ConnieStrasheim.org (.com pending).