The Boston-based Joslin Diabetes Center is currently recruiting for at least 18 different diabetes-related studies & trials.
You may wish to investigate their Research Volunteer Opportunities page if you…
• Were diagnosed with type 1 diabetes before age 7,
• Were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes between the ages of 18 & 60 and are not on insulin or diabetes medications,
• Are a pregnant mother or have an infant who is at increased risk for type 1 diabetes, to test the protective potential of supplementation with DHA (omega-3 fish oil).
• Have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes within the past 6 months,
• Have a relative with type 1 diabetes and want to know if you (or your child/children) have diabetes-related antibodies that are thought to put you at higher risk. Participants have the opportunity to participate in tracking & planned prevention trials. (Type 1 diabetics’ parents, children brothers and sisters, ages 1 to 45, and cousins, grandchildren, nieces and nephews, ages 1 to 20, can be tested at no cost.)
• Have type 2 diabetes, are age 18 to 75, using oral med or diet and exercise, and aren’t well controlled.
• Have diabetes-related retina problems and are willing to try investigational drugs and/or laser surgery,
• Have type 1 or type 2 diabetes and have kidney disease,
• Are a diabetic mother and have a child in middle school or high school,
• Are a male with pre-diabetes (at risk of type 1 or type 2), and are struggling with your weight,
• Or fit the criteria for a number of other listed investigations.
For background information on Joslin’s Clinical Trials Unit, on the physicians directing the studies, and more, click here.