You literally can make this cake in less than five minutes.
If you're feeling tempted to get into your car, drive to the nearest grocery store or bakery to buy a chocolate cake or brownie, stop!
It will take you less time to make this recipe, and it is far healthier than that other option which offers little to no nutritional value.
Serves: 8 to 12
- 2 cups walnuts
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 Tablespoon Garden of Life Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
Subscribe to the World's Most Popular Newsletter (it's free!)
1. Place walnuts into food processor using the S blade. Turn food processor on for about 15 seconds, or until the walnuts form a flour-like consistency.
2. Add remaining ingredients and process again for another 20 seconds.
3. Remove batter and shape into a cake. (If the batter seems too sticky, refrigerate it for 30 minutes before shaping into a cake.)
4. Top with fresh raspberries or sprinkle cinnamon or coconut flakes on top. (Lasts one week in refrigerator, or one month in freezer.)
Recipe courtesy of Gwen Eager, Garden of Life Product Specialist and Certified RAW, Vegan Chef
Reprinted with kind permission of Garden of Life