The CFIDS Association of America invites you to attend The Science of CFS: Past, Present and Future – a “webinar” briefing to be presented live via the Internet (Wednesday, May 28, 2 pm EDT). Featuring Dr. Suzanne Vernon, PhD, the Association’s Scientific Director, and CEO Kim McCleary.
Have a phone and a computer? If so, you’re all set to take part in this unique opportunity to get a personal briefing on the science of CFS! A webinar is essentially a live online slideshow with the audio portion of the presentation delivered through the phone. It also offers the opportunity for viewers to submit questions via e-mail. (And for this one there’s a limit of 1,000 participants, so you’ll want to get the details and pre-register at http://www.cfids.org/webinar/sciencecfs.asp)
- Learn what research has already uncovered about CFS and how it affects the human body.
- Discover what’s happening now in the field of CFS research.
- Hear what Dr. Vernon and the Association envision as the next steps on the path to discovery, and
- Find out how the CFIDS Association’s Campaign to Accelerate CFS Research is designed to build the capacity of the scientific community all over the world to find the answers underlying this complex illness.
Again, this free webinar is limited to 1,000 people and you’ll need to advance register at http://www.cfids.org/webinar/sciencecfs.asp.
Once you register, you’ll get an e-mail reminder the day of the webinar with:
- The phone number and access code for the audio portion
- As well as the web address to access the online portion of the session.
A few minutes before the session begins, simply go to that web page and follow the instructions. Be prepared to dial the phone number and access code on your telephone as prompted. You’ll then be able to listen to the audio presentation by phone while simultaneously watching the slide show on your computer screen.
The webinar will last approximately one hour. During the session, you’ll have the opportunity to transmit questions online.