While this smoothie just begs to be made when cucumber and berries are in season, it’s a total throwback to summer during the frosty months.
Any time of year, this guy will leave you refreshed, and perhaps a little proud that you could make yourself something so invigorating.
Pressure Refresher Recipe:
- 8 oz water
- 1/2 large organic cucumber
- 2 stalks organic celery
- 1 small handful organic strawberries or 1/8 cup goji berries
- 2 mint leaves
- Raw, local honey to taste (optional)
- 1 scoop Daily Purify Nutrient Booster Powder
Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth*. Garnish with a mint sprig (or a paper umbrella!), close your eyes, and let the pressure fade away.
(*For a less-powerful blender, finely chop the celery and blend with a little of the water first before proceeding to blend the remaining ingredients.)
Steve Wood is a Product Specialist at MegaFood who enjoys teaching people across the country how to make delicious smoothies. He became interested in natural health in his 20s when he lost more than 100 pounds, and is driven to empower people everywhere with knowledge and techniques to further their natural health journey. A cookbook author and tai-chi/qigong instructor, Steve lends his spare time to reading, creating art and cultivating tropical fruit in his South FL yard.
Reprinted with kind permission of MegaFood
* This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.