There may be moments in your quest for weight loss where you make a mistake or feel bad and subsequently binge on certain foods. Here are some tips for battling binges:
* Clear your kitchen cabinets of binge food if you’re prone to episodes of emotional overeating.
* Exercise regularly to relieve anxiety and depression.
* Make a list of fifty things to do other than overeat and keep it handy.
* Buy single servings of any food you’re likely to overeat. That way you’re less likely to eat the whole bag or carton.
* Eat high fiber foods. They take up more space in your stomach so you’re less likely to gorge on them.
(Source: Greenwood-Robinson, M. “Natural Weight Loss Miracles” Berkeley Publishing Co. New York. 1999.)
Quote of the Day
“Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the face.” – Helen Keller