The Partnership for Prescription Assistance
The PPA helps uninsured and financially struggling patients who lack prescription coverage get access to prescription assistance programs that offer medicines for free or nearly free. A user-friendly website (www.pparx.org) enables patients to find programs. Patients can download and print out patient assistance program applications immediately.
- The PPA helps uninsured and financially struggling patients who lack prescription coverage get access to prescription assistance programs that offer medicines for free or nearly free.
- The PPA is free, confidential, and it is easy for patients to find programs for which they may eligible to apply.
- Offers a single point of access to information on 475 public and private patient assistance programs, including nearly 200 programs offered by pharmaceutical companies.
- PPA member programs offer more than 2,500 brand-name medicines, including a wide range of generics.
- Helps patients contact government programs such as Medicaid and Medicare.
- More than 40 of the assistance programs focus on the medication and health care needs of children.
- The PPA provides information on nearly 10,000 free health care clinics and has connected more than a quarter of a million patients with clinics and health care providers in their communities.
- Assists patients with chronic disease in learning about the types of new medicines in development that may help them.
Patients can call 1-888-477-2669 (toll free) to talk with a trained specialist who will guide them through the application process. The call centers accepts calls in English, Spanish and approximately 150 other languages.