Many people feel stress in their daily lives. Stress can cause you to overeat, feel tired, and not want to do anything. Regular physical activity can give you more energy. Try some of these other ideas to help relieve stress and stay on track with your fitness and nutrition goals:
• Get plenty of sleep.
• Practice deep breathing and relaxing your muscles one at a time.
• Take a break and go for a walk.
• Take short stretch breaks throughout the day.
• Try taking a yoga or tai chi class to energize yourself and reduce stress.
• Try a new hobby, like a pottery class or any activity that sparks your interest.
• Surround yourself with people whose company you enjoy.
(Source: National Institutes of Health)
Quote of the Day
“Exercise and application produce order in our affairs, health of body, cheerfulness of mind, and these make us precious to our friends.” – Thomas Jefferson