Here are some training tips if you are beginning a jogging program:
* Wear good running shoes with plenty of cushion and support.
* Land on your heel, roll through your feet and push off from the ball of your foot. Running on your toes can make your calves feel very tight.
* Keep your shoulders relaxed and your elbows slightly bent. Look straight ahead, not at your feet.
* Breathe steadily and deeply, with mouth open. If you have trouble catching your breath, slow down a little.
* Run with good form. Let your arms swing naturally, and alternate arms and legs. Your right arm and left leg should be moving forward at the same time and your left arm and right leg at the same time.
* Always warm up (start gradually) and cool down (stop gradually). Stretch your muscles before and after you jog.
* NEVER stop abruptly or lie down after your jog. When you’re ready to stop, gradually slow down and walk for about 3 minutes before coming to a complete stop.
(Source: President’s Council on Physical Fitness)
Quote of the Day
“It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself.” – Muhammad Ali