You can be part of the social scene and still make healthy food choices. Try these tips when you’re out and about:
* Order vegetable toppings on pizza, instead of salty high-fat meats like pepperoni or sausage.
* Share popcorn (and skip the added butter) at the movies instead of getting your own bag—you’ll save money too!
* Choose bottled water or diet soda instead of regular soda.
* Munch on pretzels, vegetables, or unbuttered popcorn at parties instead of fried chips or fatty dips.
* If you drink alcohol, limit yourself to one drink—alcohol has lots of calories but little nutritional value.
(Source: National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Disease)
Quote of the Day
“Rule your desires lest your desires rule you.” – Publilius Syrus