Here are some reasons why water is the most important nutrient for active people:
• When you sweat, you lose water, which must be replaced. Drink fluids before, during, and after workouts.
• Water is a fine choice for most workouts. However; during continuous workouts of greater than 90 minutes, your body may benefit from a sports drink.
• Sports drinks have two very important ingredients – electrolytes and carbohydrates
• Sports drinks replace electrolytes lost through sweat during workouts lasting several hours.
• Carbohydrates in sports drinks provide extra energy. The most effective sports drinks contain 15 to 18 grams of carbohydrate in every 8 ounces of fluid.
(Source: President’s Council on Physical Fitness)
Quote of the Day
“They can do all because they think they can.” – Virgil