Quercetin is a bioflavonoid that supports healthy immune function and inflammatory response, promotes cardiovascular and endothelial health, and more. Life Extension's new Bio-Quercetin supplement provides quercetin encased in a plant-derived phytosome delivery system, which makes absorption easier: the quercetin in their formula is up to 50 times more bioavailable than a dose of standard quercetin.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Unique formulation made with quercetin phytosome
- Up to 50 times more bioavailable than traditional quercetin
- Promotes immune, cardiovascular, and endothelial health
- Helps inhibit oxidative and inflammatory factors
More facts about Bio-Quercetin
Bio-Quercetin contains a form of quercetin that has been integrated into a phytosome. A phytosome is a tiny sphere made out of plant-derived phospholipids. By combining quercetin with this unique phospholipid-based delivery system, the quercetin in this formula is more bioavailable.1 This makes it easier to absorb and more easily utilized by your body.
Clinically studied for greater absorption
In a randomized clinical study, researchers compared two orally administered quercetin phytosome doses (providing 100 mg and 200 mg of quercetin), along with one 500 mg dosage of traditional quercetin. They found that the quercetin phytosome could be administered at one-fifth the dosage of the traditional quercetin and still result in exposure 10 times greater. This means that the quercetin phytosome provides about 50 times greater bioavailability than traditional quercetin.1
Promotes a healthy immune response
Quercetin has a long tradition of use relieving the effects of seasonal immune challenges. In a randomized clinical trial, quercetin supplementation encouraged a healthy immune response in physically fit older adults.2 Another randomized controlled trial found similar results in trained athletes.3 And in double-blind clinical trials, quercetin promoted a healthy inflammatory response, reduced oxidative stress, and helped maintain overall health.4,5
Supports cardiovascular and endothelial health
Quercetin promotes both cardiovascular and endothelial health and helps maintain healthy blood pressure already within the normal range.6-11 Quercetin is also a potent inhibitor of oxidative stress, and helps promote a healthy inflammatory response.4,5References:
- Supplier study. Data on file. 2017
- Pharmacol Res. 2010 Sep;62(3):237-42.
- Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007 Sep;39(9):1561-9.
- Clin Nutr. 2011 Aug;30(4):506-12.
- J Am Coll Nutr. 2017 Jan;36(1):9-15.
- Br J Nutr. 2015 Oct 28;114(8):1263-77.
- J Nutr. 2015 Jul;145(7):1459-63.
- J Nutr. 2007 Nov;137(11):2405-11.
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2016;67(13_S):2003-2003.
- Pharmacol Res. 2014 Nov;89:11-8.
- Wiad Lek. 2017;70(4):707-711.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.