Support your body's natural defenses against environmental toxins with Life Extension's updated DNA Protection Formula, now with XanthoVital® (xanthohumol). Xanthohumol is a hops flavonoid that studies show can help inhibit DNA damage. Their DNA Protection Formula also includes watercress extract, chlorophyllin, and zinc to provide additional DNA protection.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Provides robust nutritional support for healthy DNA function
- Encourages the body's natural defenses against environmental toxins
- Now with xanthohumol, a flavonoid shown to help inhibit DNA damage
- Green vegetable extracts and zinc for additional DNA benefits
Science has documented the ability of certain nutrients to bolster the body's natural DNA defenses against environmental toxins. DNA Protection Formula provides nutrients such as xanthohumol, watercress extract, chlorophyllin, and zinc for powerful DNA health support in a single, convenient formula!
More Facts About DNA Protection Formula
Compounds inside and outside your body can affect your DNA. Fortunately, there are ways to support your natural defenses against these environmental toxins through nutritional supplementation. Life Extension has reformulated their original DNA Protection Formula to include XanthoVital® (xanthohumol).
Xanthohumol is a flavonoid derived from the hops plant commonly used to brew beer. In clinical and pre-clinical studies, xanthohumol has been shown to help protect DNA from damage, a major part of maintaining healthy cellular function and cell division.1-3
Clinical and pre-clinical studies show that chlorophyllin binds to certain environmental toxins, inhibiting their potential effects on vulnerable DNA and allowing the body to eliminate them before they can enter the bloodstream.4-8 Chlorophyllin also supports your body's natural defense against toxins binding to DNA and promotes healthy expression of the protective p53 gene, which partially controls cell reproduction.
The essential mineral zinc supports a wide range of biochemical and immunological functions, including DNA maintenance. It also helps with cellular antioxidant defense. A study in women found that zinc supplementation inhibited DNA strand breaks,9 thus stabilizing genetic expression.
Life Extension's formula also includes watercress extract. Watercress is a leafy green vegetable with many potential health benefits. A randomized, crossover study found that this cruciferous vegetable helps protect DNA.9
- Food Technol Biotechnol. 2016 Mar;54(1):60-69.
- Mol Nutr Food Res. 2016 Apr;60(4):773-86.
- Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2017 Feb;10(2):153-160.
- Carcinogenesis. 2012 Nov;33(11):2236-41.
- Cancer Lett. 2010 Jun 28;292(2):254-60.
- J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2010;73(17-18):1141-9.
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001 Dec 4;98(25):14601-6.
- Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2009 Dec;2(12):1015-22.
- Am J Clin Nutr 2007;85:504 -10.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.