Magnesium Caps provides one of the highest concentrations of elemental magnesium per capsule available on the market.
Magnesium is one of the body’s most important minerals. It is required as a cofactor in hundreds of enzymatic processes within cells.(1) It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, promotes healthy cardiovascular function, supports a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong. Magnesium also helps maintain blood sugar and blood pressure levels already within normal range, and it is known to be involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis.(2,3) Magnesium is a major factor in relaxing the smooth muscles within the blood vessels, thereby reducing peripheral vascular resistance and promoting a healthy cardiovascular system.(4-6) Magnesium also affects circulating levels of norepinephrine and the synthesis of serotonin and nitric oxide.(7-9) Magnesium positively influences the bone mineral matrix and its ability to metabolize minerals needed for repair and rebuilding.(10,11) Scientific literature documents the need for a wide range of minerals, including calcium and magnesium, that are vital to maintaining strong, healthy bones. Moreover, there is strong evidence that dietary magnesium intake and supplementation improves the metabolic profile.(12-14) Magnesium has been shown to beneficially impact insulin resistance, serum lipid profiles, inflammation, endothelial function, oxidative stress and platelet aggregability.(15) References
- Am J Nephrol. 2012;36(3):228-37
- Magnes Res. 2010 Jun;23(2):60-72.
- Eur J Clin Invest. 2011 Apr;41(4):405-10.
- J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2011 Nov;13(11):843-7.
- Br J Sports Med. 2006 Sep;40(9):773-8.
- Congest Heart Fail. 2006 Jan-Feb;12(1):9-13
- Hypertension. 2004 Dec;44(6):897-902.
- Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009 Mar 17;33(2):235-42.
- Amino Acids. 2002 Jun;22(4):381-9.
- J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Aug;83(8):2742-8.
- Biol Trace Elem Res. 2010 Feb;133(2):136-43.
- Magnes Res. 2007 Jun;20(2):107-29.
- Public Health Nutr. 2012 Jan 5:1-9.
- Clin Cardiol. 2000 Jun;23(6):433-6.
- Curr Opin Lipidol. 2008 Feb;19(1):50-6.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.