Omega-3 phospholipids from krill are the most bioefficient source of Omega-3 compared to the Omega-3 triglycerides derived from fish oil. Plus, phospholipids, also known as liposomes, deliver EPA and DHA fatty acids directly to your body’s cells for maximum absorption.
Sustainably harvested from the frozen waters of the Antarctic, Krill Oil has been long renowned for its many health benefits, which include:
- Support for cardiovascular health – Patients with cardiovascular disease (CVD) show a significantly lower concentration of Omega-3 in tissues and blood. Research suggests that Omega-3 helps modulate CVD risk factors such as cholesterol levels, inflammation and high blood pressure.*
- Helps build strong bones and joints – Helps maintain bone health, delays degradation of articular cartilage and modulates inflammation response.*
- Promotes healthy inflammation response – Supports the body’s natural mechanism for controlling inflammation.*
- Nourishes the brain and helps support cognitive function – Omega-3 phospholipids play an important role in the structure and function of brain cell membranes and cell signaling. The Omega -3 fatty acid DHA is the most common fatty acid in the brain and is valuable in supporting memory and cognitive function.*
- Supports relief from PMS symptoms – Studies suggest krill oil significantly reduces both the emotional and physical symptoms related to PMS.*
- A Powerful antioxidant – Arctic Select Krill Oil contains high levels of the naturally occurring antioxidant astaxanthin. Antioxidants protect our cells from damage from free radicals, and unlike many other antioxidants, astaxanthin crosses the blood-brain barrier, which may protect the eyes, brain and central nervous system from free radical harm.*