L-Carnosine is classified as a dipeptide, which is a combination of two amino acids, in this case alanine and histidine. It naturally occurs in high concentrations in skeletal muscle tissue, and therefore may support muscle vitality. L-Carnosine is also an antioxidant that stabilizes cellular membranes, protecting them from damage by free radicals.
* Because L-Carnosine is only found in vertebrates, it is especially important for persons who do not consume beef, pork or chicken.
Found in all cells, but concentrated in the muscle, heart, kidney and brain cells, carnosine may also help:
- Stabilize and protect the cell membrane
- Support cognitive, heart and muscle health
- Inhibit the release of inflammatory mediators
- Reduce the risk and severity of cataracts
- Rejuvenate connective tissue cells
- Rid the body of toxic metals
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.