Enhanced FernBlock® with Red Orange Complex
has been shown to help the skin be more resilient to the damaging effects of internal and external stresses.*
Highly Targeted Actions of FernBlock®
- Safely inhibits the absorption of harmful ultraviolet rays and quenches dangerous free radicals.(1,3)
- Helps mitigate the consequences of excessive ultraviolet radiation by reducing the number of skin cells that indicate sun-induced injury(3,4)
- It also helps inhibit pro-inflammatory cells that cause redness and itching(9)
- Blocks protein-destroying skin enzymes that decrease skin elasticity(10)
- Preserves the skin's antioxidant status(11)
- Complements topical sunscreens for intense sun exposure
- Has an advantage to topical sunscreens since it cannot be removed by perspiring or bathing
- Protects the entire skin surface
About Enhanced FernBlock® with Red Orange Complex
FernBlock® is a natural extract derived from the fern plant Polypodium leucotomos. Used as a sunburn remedy by native Indians for centuries, this natural fern extract has been formulated by international scientists affiliated with leading institutions.
During a decade of clinical trials, FernBlock® has shown remarkable effectiveness in shielding skin against dangerous ultraviolet exposure.(1-6) Studies have shown that this fern extract has a high affinity for skin tissue and helps protect against ultraviolet damage shown to cause premature skin aging and wrinkling.(7,8)
Red Orange Complex, a standardized extract that is obtained from three red orange varieties-Citrus sinensis var. Moro, Tarocco, and Sanguinello.
The main active phenolic compounds include anthocyanins, flavanones and hydroxycinnamic acids (as well as ascorbic acid),(12) which work together to support the body's natural photoprotection against ultraviolet radiation.(13,14) They do so by helping to balance the body's normal inflammation response,(15) free-radical defense mechanism,(16) and healthy apoptotic (cell death) activity.(16)
In a controlled human trial, 15 days of oral supplementation with Red Orange Complex was demonstrated to measurably support natural skin defenses against ultraviolet radiation.(14)
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.