This highly acclaimed, research-proven, physician-endorsed guided meditation combines healing imagery, powerful music and the most current understanding of the mind-body connection to help you manage pain.
Forty-four relaxing minutes of Belleruth Naparstek's imagery and affirmations are designed to reduce pain by elevating serotonin levels; teaching relaxation skills; refocusing the mind; encouraging feeling of love, gratitude, safety and peace; and marshalling courage and patience.
1. Introduction (6:00)
2. Guided Imagery (14:46)
3. Affirmations (22:41)
What is guided imagery?
Guided imagery is a popular form of directed daydreaming, a way of meditating that is so simple and easy, anyone can do it, just by pressing "play" and taking a few minutes to listen.
Research shows guided imagery can help:
- Relax, calm and elevate mood
- Lower blood pressure, blood sugar & cholesterol
- Speed up healing from surgical wounds
- Elevate immune functioning
- Reduce pain and headache
- Inspire and motivate
- Improve performance at work & sports
- Enhance intuition & creativity
- Lower anxiety and depression
- Reduce the craving for food and drugs
Created & Narrated by Belleruth Naparstek
Psychotherapist Belleruth Naparstek, M.A., L.I.S.W., is a nationally recognized innovator in the field of guided imagery and intuition. Her highly acclaimed Health Journeys guided imagery series is used in over 3,000 hospitals and clinics, and has sold over one million copies worldwide.
Health Journeys has been producing its award winning audiotapes and CDs since 1991. Each audio program is painstakingly researched, artfully written and thoroughly tested. After Belleruth records her narrative, it is then scored to Steven Mark Kohn's exquisite, original music; then edited and mixed by Audio Recording Studios of Cleveland, the same world-class engineers who record The Cleveland Orchestra at Severance Hall.
Health Journeys' programs have been found effective in studies at UC Davis Medical Center, Memorial Sloane-Kettering, The Cleveland Clinic, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Shield of California, the National Veterans Administration Medical Center, University Hospitals of Cleveland and Canyon Ranch Health Spa.
"Belleruth's words are transformative - her voice speaks to the very soul and creates a center of deep calm, where people can settle into the heart of their strength and find their greatest healing capacity."
- Barry Bittman, MD, Neurologist, CEO of the Mind-Body-Wellness Center, Meadville, PA, and Co-author of "Maze of Life".
"Belleruth's extraordinary gift for guided imagery unites the logic of the mind with the wisdom of the heart. Voice, words, music and phrasing produce a profoundly nourishing experience that motivates and heals."
- Joan Borysenko, PhD, Author of "Minding the Body, Mending the Mind" and "Inner Peace for Busy People".
Did you know that...
- Listening once or twice a day for several weeks makes a difference
- Imagery involves using all of your senses, not just visualizing
- The best times to listen are when waking up and falling asleep
- Even if you keep falling asleep while listening, you still benefit
- Imagery that evokes emotion and sensation has more impact
- You don't have to believe in its impact for it to work
- The more you use imagery, the better at it you get
- Music increases the effects of imagery
- The more you listen, the less you need
- Guided imagery works even better in a group than alone
- Imagery doesn't compete with other forms of treatment
- Imagery works for people who think they can't "meditate" or relax
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.