Ceramides play a central role in preserving healthy-looking skin. They are an important lipid component of the skin's membrane, where they provide protection from the elements and lock in moisture (1) (2). In fact, they make up 35%-40% of the binding matrix that maintains moisture balance and protects the skin's surface (3). The problem is that the body's production of ceramides declines with age (4).
The ceramides that young skin naturally produces to retain its supple appearance are identical to those present in wheat... which is why wheat-derived oils have been used topically for centuries as a natural moisturizer. But you can't get enough ceramides from topically-applied wheat germ oil to have a long-term impact on your skin’s appearance. And they don't appear in sufficient concentration in your diet.
So we've brought together these skin-nourishing oils in an oral formula with Lipowheat™, a proprietary ceramide blend that offers nutritional support for aging skin, to complement topical products you may already use.
Ceramides have been available to Japanese women as a functional food since 2000 (5). The hydrating action of Lipowheat™ ceramides has proven so effective in clinical trials, they're now approved as a dietary ingredient by the FDA. For example, after three months of ingesting 200 mg a day of Lipowheat™, a group of people suffering from dry, flaking skin reported dramatic improvement in the look and feel of their skin. These results were verified by electrochemical analysis showing that 95% of participants exhibited improved skin hydration. Better yet, all subjects who experienced chronic itching at the onset of the study reported sharply decreased itching or complete elimination of the problem by the end of the study! (6)
1. Biophys Chem. 2010 Aug;150(1-3):144-56.
2. Chemistry and Physics of Lipids. Apr 2007;146(2):67-75
3. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2010 Jul 14. [Epub ahead of print]
4. Robert Baran, Howard I. Maibach. Textbook of cosmetic dermatology. Third Ed. Taylor & Francis. 2005:177.
5. www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dockets/95s0316/95s-0316-rpt0275-04-Udell-vol211.pdf Accessed August 10, 2010.
6. J Med Esth et Chir Derm. 2007 Dec; 34(136):239-42.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.
|Serving Size: 1 liquid capsule
|Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving
|Lipowheat™ wheat (Triticum vulgare) oil extract (non-GMO) (providing glycolipids, phytoceramides and glycosylceramides)
|* Daily Value not established
Do not use if outer seal is broken or damaged.
Lipowheat™ is a trademark of LAVIPHARM Group of Companies.
Product & Usage Information:
- Suggested Use: Take one liquid capsule daily with food or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Storage: Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Other Ingredients:
rice bran oil (non-GMO), gelatin, rosemary extract. Contains wheat. Contains rice and trace amounts of gluten.
- Contains No: milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, yeast, corn or sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE. When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating. Not recommended for individuals with Celiac Disease.