Scientists have discovered that the Indian herb ashwagandha (Withania somnifera
) counters some of the oxidative damage generated by nervous tension.(1)
Ashwagandha has been the subject of animal studies and is believed to confer improvements in well-being and a healthy outlook in humans.(2,3)
In a large clinical trial, ashwagandha reduced levels of the hormone cortisol by up to 26% while maintaining already normal blood sugar levels and lipid profiles.(4) Subjects who took the standardized ashwagandha extract reported improvements in energy, sleep and well-being, as well as diminished fatigue.(4) Additional research suggests that ashwagandha confers neuroprotection by supporting the regeneration of axons and dendrites, nerve cell components that support brain and nervous system function.(5,6)
The suggested daily dose provides 250 mg of standardized, patented, non-stimulating Sensoril® Ashwagandha Extract.
1. J Agric Food Chem. 2008 Feb 13;56(3):630-5.
2. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007 Jun;51(6):652-64.
3. J Agric Food Chem. 2006 Dec 13;54(25):9329-39.
4. Br J Nutr. 2010 Apr;103(8):1094-7.
5. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2012 Feb;13(2):94-102.
6. J Agric Food Chem. 2002 May 22;50(11):3122-8.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
|Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving
|Sensoril® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Extract (root and leaves) [std. to 8% withanolide glycoside conjugates (10 mg) and 32% oligosaccharides (40 mg)]
|* Daily Value not established
Sensoril® is protected under US Patent Nos. 6,153,198 and 6,713,092 and is a registered trademark of Natreon, Inc.
Product & Usage Information:
- Suggested Use: Take one capsule twice daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Storage: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place.
- Other Ingredients:
rice flour, vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica. Contains rice.
- Contains No: milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, or corn. Contains no sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
Do not exceed recommended dose. When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.