Occasional constipation is one of the most frequent gastrointestinal complaints in the United States, particularly among women and the elderly.(1) Effervescent Vitamin C - Magnesium Crystals is a dose-adjustable nutritional solution to provide immediate relief from occasional constipation.
A series of rhythmic muscle contractions move food through the digestive tract.(2) But highly processed foods and a lack of quality nutrition can occasionally result in normal but temporarily ineffective movement of waste through the colon.
Vitamin C is an antioxidant that scavenges free radicals in the body and protects tissues from oxidative stress.(3-5) Vitamin C is a vital cofactor for the formation of collagen, the connective tissue that supports arterial walls, skin, bones, and teeth.(4,5)
Magnesium is a cofactor in hundreds of enzymatic processes within cells, helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels already within normal range, improves the metabolic profile, and beneficially impacts insulin resistance and inflammation. Research shows many Americans do not obtain adequate magnesium in their diets.(6-11)
Effervescent Vitamin C - Magnesium Crystals can be used in varying doses depending on individual need. It contains no harsh chemicals(12,13) and is safe for up to three times per week, since it contains only nutrients that provide other benefits. Effervescent Vitamin C - Magnesium Crystals is not a fiber - so it never creates more fecal bulk than you can easily evacuate.(14,15)
- Available at: http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/constipation/.
- Available at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002282.htm.
- J Am Coll Nutr. 2003 Feb;22(1):18-35.
- Am J Clin Nutr. 1999 Jun;69(6):1086-107.
- Altern Med Rev. 2003 Nov;8(4):359-77.
- Adv Nutr. 2013 May 1;4(3):378S-83S.
- J Hypertens. 2008 Jan;26(1):44-52.
- Magnes Res. 2007 Jun;20(2):107-29.
- Magnes Res. 2010 Jun;23(2):73-80.
- Curr Opin Lipidol. 2008 Feb;19(1):50-6.
- J Nutr. 2003 Sep;133(9):2879-82.
- BMC Pediatr. 2012 Nov 15;12:178.
- Available at: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/ingredient/704983/POLYETHYLENE_GLYCOL/.
- Am J Gastroenterol. 1997 Jan;92(1):95-8.
- World J Gastroenterol. 2012 Sep 7;18(33):4593-6.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.