Studies have shown that probiotics can influence healthy gene expression of immune cells in the gut.(1) Properly formulated probiotics provide biologically active materials that can positively influence many aspects of human health.(2)
Probiotics literally means "for life." Traditional diets (like the Mediterranean Diet) with foods that contain probiotics have been shown to promote health and longevity.(3)
Probiotics are thought to facilitate healthy GI and perform many other important functions. For example, researchers have discovered that probiotics help decrease nuclear factor kappa B (NFkB), a pro-inflammatory cytokine, and positively modulate cellular signaling pathways.(4)
BB536®, Bifidobacterium longum, increases the number of healthy bacteria in the colon.(5) An in vivo study demonstrated a significant increase in longevity in mice supplemented with bifidobacteria.(5) BB536®, was also found to reduce production of inflammatory cytokines that often accompany seasonal symptom development.(6)
Each capsule of Bifido GI Balance provides two billion colony-forming units of viable healthy bacteria.
70%-80% of immunoglobulin-producing cells reside in the gut which is populated by nearly 100 trillion microorganisms, many of which are beneficial bacteria.(8) These bacteria are considered a living part of the human organism.(9) With age, we can experience a decline in vital beneficial bacteria and the strength of the immune system. Restoring the gut’s friendly bacteria can stimulate and regulate healthy immune function.(1,9)
- Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012 Nov 8. [Epub ahead of print]
- Int J Food Microbiol. 2012 Jan 16;152(3):189-205.
- Rev Med Suisse. 2009 Mar 25;5(196):662-4,66.
- Gut Microbes. 2010 May-Jun; 1(3): 148–163.
- Lait 73 (1993) 249-256
- PLoS One. 2011;6(8):e23652.
- J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2006;16(2):86-93.
- Immunobiology. 1992 Feb;184(2-3):157-79.
- Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2012 Apr;23(2):192-201.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
|Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
|Servings Per Container: 60
|Amount Per Serving
|Bifidobacterium longum BB536® (supplying 2,000,000,000 CFU at time of manufacture)
|* Daily value not established
BB536® is a registered trademark of Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd.
Product & Usage Information:
- Suggested Use: Take one capsule once or twice daily, with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Storage: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Store tightly in a cool, dry place. For optimal potency, refrigerate after opening.
- Other Ingredients:
microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), tapioca starch, ascorbyl palmitate, silica.
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE. When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.