Garden of Life Super Seed® is a powerful whole food formula that is an excellent source of dietary fiber. The ingredients in Super Seed were specifically chosen for their exceptional ability to support and maintain optimal bowel health and function.*
About Super Seed®
- Excellent source of dietary fiber
- A whole food blend of seeds, sprouted grains, and legumes containing both soluble and insoluble fiber
- Contains ingredients specifically chosen for their ability to support normal gut flora balance, regular bowel function, and overall health*
- Dietary fiber in Super Seed® supports normal cardiovascular health*
- Super Seed provides naturally occurring Omega-3 fatty acids
- The flax in Super Seed supports healthy estrogen metabolism and breast health in women, and supports normal prostate health in men*
- Good source of protein from beans and legumes
- Super Seed® does not contain any added sugars or artificial ingredients such as sweeteners, colorings or flavorings, unlike many popular mass market fiber supplements
- Two servings of Super Seed provide nearly 50% of the Daily Value for fiber
- Select ingredients in Super Seed are fermented using Garden of Life’s proprietary Poten-Zyme® process to make nutrients more available to the body
- Most of the fiber in Super Seed is insoluble. Each serving provides 6 grams of fiber from whole food ingredients
- Can be mixed in smoothies, vegetable or fruit juice, cereal or yogurt.
What is Dietary Fiber?
Fiber is a complex carbohydrate which is found in plants. The body does not digest fiber; instead the fiber component of food passes through the digestive system. There are two types of fiber - soluble and insoluble fiber. Much like it sounds, soluble fiber is fiber that dissolves in water and insoluble fiber is fiber that does not. The best way to get fiber is through a whole food diet of fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds and legumes.
The role fiber plays in a healthy diet became apparent at the turn of the century. Diets previously high in dietary fiber were altered to include the new “wonder foods,” refined sugar and milled flour. The increased use of these foods, which were devoid of dietary fiber, led to a theory that connected a lack of fiber and the overall state of health. Several generations later, up to 100 million Americans experience some form of occasional digestive discomfort.
Super Seed® was formulated to include naturally occurring soluble and insoluble fiber from carefully selected grains, seeds and legumes that are easy on the gastrointestinal system. Super Seed does NOT include psyllium husk, which provides no nutritional value.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.