Carlson Super D Omega-3 comes from the livers of fresh Norwegian Arctic cod fish and provides 2000 IU of vitamin D per teaspoonful.
The oil is separated from the liver tissues without the use of chemicals. Bottled in Norway for maximum freshness.
About DHA & EPA
Because of their unique structure, omega-3's have important and unique functions in our bodies. Both DHA and EPA are involved in healthy cardiovascular systems, immune processes, and help support the formation of healthy prostaglandins. DHA is a vital component of the retina, brain and neurons. Fish oils supply omega-3 fatty acids and are especially high in DHA and EPA.
- DHA and EPA help maintain a healthy and stable heartbeat.
- DHA and EPA help maintain blood vessel health to support circulation.
- DHA and EPA may support artery wall elasticity.
- Dietary intake of EPA and DHA is now being recognized as a safe and effective method for maintaining healthy triglyceride levels.
Brain and Nerve Function
- As a vital component of our brain tissue and neurons, DHA supports cognitive function.
- By improving membrane fluidity, DHA may help support nerve transmission processes.
- Increased levels of DHA in the brain may serve to protect and enhance the lifespan of neurons.
- DHA is found in substantial amounts in the retina and is important for normal vision.
Immune System Health
- DHA and EPA are needed for balanced eicosanoid formation, which supports balanced and healthy immune responses.
Healthy Joints and Movement
- DHA and EPA support healthy joints and comfortable movement by supporting healthy physiological processes.
Radiant, Healthy Skin
- DHA and EPA can keep skin healthy, vibrant, and supple.
Which Fish Oils Contain Vitamins A and D?
Vitamins A and D are widely recognized as essential nutrients in adults and children.
Cod liver oil naturally contains vitamins A and D as the oil is from the liver of the fish, rather than the body oil.
What is the Natural Form of Vitamin A in Cod Liver Oil?
Vitamin A palmitate (retinyl palmitate) naturally occurs in cod liver oil. Humans and animals store vitamin A in their bodies in the form of vitamin A palmitate.
Carlson Cod Liver Oil supplies these naturally occurring forms of vitamins A & D.
This product is regularly tested (using AOAC international protocols) for freshness, potency and purity by an independent, FDA registered laboratory and has been determined to be fresh, fully potent and free of detrimental levels of mercury, cadmium, lead, PCB's and 28 other contaminants.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.