Peak ATP with GlycoCarn, a patented form of propionyl-L-carnitine, supports healthy endothelial function by facilitating the transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria where they are converted into usable energy.
PEAK ATP® with GlycoCarn® provides two critical ingredients for optimal endothelial function and structural integrity. It also augments endothelial nitric oxide synthesis, enhancing blood flow to active tissues (e.g., skeletal muscle and heart).130
Adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is a key component of the cellular energy cycle. ATP acts on microvascular endothelial cells to produce vasodilation (widening of the arteries).131 PEAK ATP® has been tested in human and animal studies. It is readily absorbed and boosts circulating ATP levels.132-134 ATP released from red blood cells may stimulate endothelium-dependent dilation of adjacent arterioles.135 Ensuring adequate red blood cell pools of ATP to help regulate vascular tone is critical to maintaining circulatory health.136
130. J Int Soc Sport Nutr. 2007, 4:22.
131. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005 Apr;288(4):H1586-90.
132. J Appl Physiol. 2000 June;88(6):1962-8.
133. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2000 July;294(1):126-33.
134. US Patent 5,049,372. US Patent 5,227,371.
135. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001 Jun;280(6):H2616-22.
136. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2000 Apr;278(4):H1294-8.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.