Dr. Ohhira's Essential Living Oils by Essential Formulas is a vegetarian product that provides the beneficial fats in an ideal balance of Linolenic Acid (Omega-3), Linoleic Acid (Omega-6, especially GLA) and Oleic Acid (Omega-9).
Finally, a certified Vegan alternative to fish oil! Remember, the body absolutely requires essential fatty acids (EFAs) for many basic processes, but it cannot create them. EFAs must be acquired through food or supplements. Modern diets and processed foods are often lacking in EFAs. Supplementation is often necessary to consume the right amount on a daily basis.
The Skinny on Essential Fatty Acids
- As you know, essential fatty acids (EFAs) are not only required for life, they must be ingested because our bodies cannot manufacture them.
- Besides their role in building hormones, maintaining normal nervous system function and promoting effective but not over-expressed immune function, the good fats assure that cell membranes do their crucial job, which is to let the nutrients in and the wastes out.
- Our processed foods are missing beneficial fats and, worse yet, are high in fats that have health-damaging effects.
- Dr. Ohhira's Essential Living Oils provide the beneficial fats in an ideal balance of Linolenic Acid (Omega-3), Linoleic Acid (Omega-6, especially GLA) and Oleic Acid (Omega-9).
- Based on research by a renowned Japanese scientist, it was created from seeds and plants carefully selected for their unique nutritional properties.
- Only non-GMO plants and seeds are used.
The body uses EFAs to:
- Maintain healthy cell membrane function - letting good nutrients in, and sending waste out*
- Promote optimal nervous system function*
- Support a healthy immune system response*
- Maintain healthy cholesterol levels already within the normal range*
- Help build hormones*
Dr. Ohhira's Essential Living Oils™ Contains:
- Rice bran oil
- Borage seed oil
- Sunflower seed oil
- Avocado oil
- Perilla seed oil
- Flax seed oil
- Japanese tea seed oil
- Olive oil
**The oils listed above are cold-pressed and stable at room temperature.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.