Life Extension's Waist-Line Control is great for those trying to lose excess abdominal fat. Plus it's stimulant-free and without side effects.
Abdominal fat tissue is a source of pro-inflammatory signaling molecules known as cytokines.1 New research has found a specialized peptide complex isolated through a natural fermentation process can reduce calorie intake and lessen abdominal fat accumulation.2
Waist-Line Control™ contains peptides derived from Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a natural component used in food and beverage applications, which provide dual-action protection from excess abdominal fat.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae-derived peptides are thought to modulate appetite-regulating hormones in the brain via their effect on neuropeptide Y (NPY).2
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae-derived peptides reduce the activity of enzymes responsible for the manufacture of fat from excess energy in foods, particularly glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) and malic enzyme (ME).3,4
The result is a reduction in food intake and added support for the reduction of abdominal fat.
In a recent human trial, young-to-middle-aged male and female participants took 500 mg of Saccharomyces cerevisiae-derived peptides or placebo before breakfast and dinner. The supplemented subjects reduced their daily calorie intake by 25.3% and lost nearly two full inches of waist circumference, or about two belt sizes.2
Note: Effective weight loss requires reduced caloric intake and increased exercise. Individual results may vary. Consult your physician or health care professional if you are nursing, pregnant, or trying to become pregnant.
This supplement should be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise program. Results may vary.
1. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013 Sep 3;62(10):921-5.
2. Nutrition. 2014 Jan;30(1):25-32.
3. Ann Nutr Metab. 2012;61(2):89-94.
4. Am J Physiol. 1993 Jun;264(6 Pt 1):E874-81.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.