Optimized Curcumin Longvida® by ProHealth is a finely-tuned matrix of ingredients brought together in a gentle multi-step process.
The end product is precisely set in a way that preserves and protects the curcumin from the harsh environment of the stomach, dissolves at the point of absorption in the GI tract, and helps the free form of curcumin cross into the blood stream and target tissues.*
- More than a dozen research studies and clinical trials(1) in independent labs have been completed on Longvida.
- One small, single daily dose of Longvida offered significant health benefits in just 30 days.
- Published chronic-dosing safety studies on Longvida support a strong safety profile.
- Longvida is 65 times more bioavailable than regular curcumin.
- Longvida offers therapeutic levels of free (not deactivated/metabolized) curcumin.
- Promotes joint health and flexibility
- Maintain a healthy inflammatory response already in the healthy range
- Curcumin from Longvida passes the blood-brain barrier.
- Longvida contains no metabolic inhibitors, volatile oils, or crude, unpurified ingredients.
About SLCP™ Technology
Cutting-edge SLCP™ Technology (patent pending) is responsible for the 'magic' of Longvida®
SLCP is the ideal absorption-promoting system, based on real, live research data that was repeated over and over using validated analytical methodologies. Yet all the ingredients are generally recognized as safe (GRAS) food additives, and Longvida® is free of harsh solvents or volatile oils.
- Diverse effects of a low-dose supplement of lipidated curcumin (as Longvida) in healthy middle-aged people. Disilvestro et al. Nutr. J. 2012 26;11:79 doi 10.1186/1475-2891-11-79
- Effects of Longvida on soluble tau oligomers and cognitive and synaptic deficits. Frautschy et al. AAIC 2011, Paris France.
- Human pharmacokinetics of chronic dosing of Longvida: Dose-concentration correlation. UCLA, 2011.
- Acute human pharmacokinetics of 40mg curcumin (as Longvida®) leads to therapeutic blood levels. Shah et al. Planta Med 2012; 78-PH5
- Efficacy of Longvida in Stage III human trials, TATA Memorial Centre, Mumbai. Study ongoing.
- Curcumin suppresses soluble tau oligomers and corrects molecular chaperone, synaptic and behavioral deficits in aged human tau transgenic mice. Ma et al 2012. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- Does Longvida® provide an alternative to diltiazem for lowering mucopolysaccharide levels in Sanfillippo syndrome? A human case study. Taylor 2010.
- Effects of Longvida® in Trisomy 21: Human Case Studies. Fish, 2010.
- Anti-inflammatory effects of Longvida® compared to unformulated curcumin. University of Rhode Island, 2011. Manuscript in development
- Expression of GFAP in p25 model after dosing of Longvida®. National University of Singapore, 2011.
- Acute human bioavailability of Longvida®: 65x Greater Bioavailability: 65x Greater Bioavailability. Gota et al. J Ag Food Chem 2010 58(4): 2095-2099.
- Curcumin bioavailability, activity and mechanism for cognitive health using Longvida®. Begum et al. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2008 Jul;326(1):196-208.
- Bioavailability, brain concentrations, activity and dose-response of Longvida® SLCP. Frautschy, SA. 38th Annual Meeting of the Society of Neuroscience , Washington DC, November 15, 2008.
- Longvida® synergizes with Omega-3 fatty acids: effects on cognitive mechanisms. Frautschy, SA et al. 39th Annual Meeting of the Society of Neuroscience , Chicago, IL October 2009.
- Efficacy of Longvida® in relation to systemic availability in the brain. Frautschy, SA et al. 39th Annual Meeting of the Society of Neuroscience , Chicago, IL October 2009.
- Chronic dosing safety assessment of a Solid Lipid Curcumin Particle (Longvida) formulation. Dadhaniya et al. Food Chem Toxicol. 2011 Aug; 49(8):1834-42.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individual results may vary.