Viral Immune Pathology Diagnostics (VIP Dx) is a specialty testing lab based in Reno, Nevada, that serves researchers and clinicians in the U.S. & Canada.
As explained at the VIP Dx website (www.vipdx.com), the lab offers “a new test menu” including scores of test kits/testing services “determined to be the most relevant in aiding the clinician in diagnosing and treating chronic immune disease” - including 'chronic fatigue syndrome' (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, HHV-6, and intestinal dysbiosis/leaky gut.
A few examples of tests offered include:
• A new Herpes Infection Screen Panel,
• A Mycoplasma Screen Panel,
• A new Infection Screen Panel.
• Complete and mini CFS test panels, both including nitric oxide testing in recognition that “nitric oxide is an important inflammatory marker for inflammatory mediated conditions and immune dysregulation.”
• A stand-alone nitric oxide test.
• An Immunobilan antibody screening assay for intestinal dysregulation, inflammation and/or leaky gut, which “has been associated with Autism Spectrum Disease, Thyroid dysregulation, chronic fatigue and general intestinal distress.”
• A cytokine profile, considered a good marker for inflammation.
In addition to a list of available tests, the VIP Dx website offers basic information regarding the diagnosis of & explanation of tests to order for management of ME/CFS, FM, HHV-6 and intestinal dysbiosis - at http://www.vipdx.com
Source: VIP Dx news release, Mar 2009