The following was posted Aug 21 via the Co-Cure listserv (http://co-cure.org) by Dr. Marc-Alexander Fluks: “The Italian journal Reumatismo just published a 77-page special on FMS (text in English). To obtain the full text in pdf-format click here."
This collection of eight educational papers represents the outcome of “the first gathering of health professionals from different specialties within the field of FM in Italy,” held Feb 2008 in Rome and joined by international experts.
Titles of the papers include:
1. “Fibromyalgia: Who should reshape the pain perception of these patients?”
(As a preface to the following informative papers, this editorial calls for education of physicians to identify and manage FM, and “pain centers that focus on chronic, nonmalignant pain disorders to treat these patients properly.”)
2. “Fibromyalgia syndrome: Definition and diagnostic aspects.”
3. “Symptoms and signs in fibromyalgia syndrome.”
4. “Etiopathogenetic mechanisms of fibromyalgia syndrome.”
5. “The evaluation of the fibromyalgia patients.”
6. “Fibromyalgia syndrome: the pharmacological treatment options.”
7. “Non-pharmacological treatments in fibromyalgia.”
8. “Fibromyalgia syndrome: Preventive, social and economic aspects.”