A methyl donor that complements NMN and supports heart health and liver detoxification.
- Supports liver detoxification
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Promotes healthy homocysteine levels
- Supports cellular health
Supports Cellular Health. TMG is an amino acid that supports the body's methylation processes. Methylation is essential for numerous important cellular functions, including cell division, energy production and producing antioxidants to fight oxidative stress.1
Supports Detoxification. The donation of methyl groups by TMG is critical for healthy liver function and detoxification.1
Supports Cardiovascular Health. TMG may decrease blood levels of homocysteine, an amino acid that is linked to poor heart health and blood vessel damage when elevated.2
1. Arumugam MK, Paal MC, Donohue TM Jr, Ganesan M, Osna NA, Kharbanda KK. Beneficial Effects of Betaine: A Comprehensive Review. Biology (Basel). 2021;10(6):456. Published 2021 May 22. doi:10.3390/biology10060456
2. McRae MP. Betaine supplementation decreases plasma homocysteine in healthy adult participants: a meta-analysis. J Chiropr Med. 2013;12(1):20-25. doi:10.1016/j.jcm.2012.11.001 doi:10.1016/j.jcm.2012.11.001
- Trimethylglycine (TMG), also known as betaine anhydrous, is an amino acid that supports the body's methylation processes.
- Methylation is a fundamental biochemical process in which one carbon atom and three hydrogen atoms (CH3) are transferred from one molecule to another.
- Methylation is responsible for numerous important bodily functions, such as cell division, cellular energy production, clearing histamine, metabolism, DNA expression (epigenetics), forming neurotransmitters and producing free radical-scavenging antioxidants.
- Our bodies contain a “methyl pool” of CH3 that is available whenever needed. As long as we have enough methyl groups stored in the pool, methylation typically is not a problem. However, there are a couple of things that may contribute to the depletion of the body's methyl pool.
- MTHFR Variants - Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) is a gene with common mutations that can interfere with the methylation process, causing high levels of homocysteine (a known risk factor in heart health conditions) in the blood and low folate levels. Up to 40% of the population may have one or both genetic mutations.
- Aging and Epigenetics - Methylation of DNA plays a crucial role in epigenetics, switching different sequences of your genetic material on and off as needed. The body's methylation ability and subsequent DNA expression are known to decline with age. Anti-aging researchers think these changes in DNA expression may be a contributing factor to many age-related diseases.
- NMN Supplementation and Methylation Support. When taken as a supplement, NMN may require the use of methyl groups to help facilitate the conversion of NAD+ in your cells, thereby activating sirtuin genes and promoting longevity. Although there is currently no evidence suggesting NMN’s natural methylation process depletes the methyl pool, many top anti-aging experts suggest that safeguarding against methyl depletion may be a wise proactive step to augment your NMN intake.
|Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop
|Servings Per Container: 100
|Amount Per Serving
|Trimethylglycine (TMG) (Betaine Anhydrous)
|† Daily Value not established
- Contains No: Milk, egg, soy, gluten, wheat, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients.
- Suggested Daily Use: Take 1-3 scoops daily, preferably with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Note: This product is very sensitive to moisture/humidity which may affect product stability. Store in a cool dry place.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- Caution: Consult a physician if you are pregnant and/or nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
Powdered Form. The powdered form of TMG Pro makes it easy to add to liquids or take in doses that work best for you.
Higher Dose. ProHealth’s TMG Pro contains 1,000 mg of TMG as Betaine Anhydrous, whereas other TMG supplements may contain just 750 mg.
Free of Unwanted Ingredients. TMG Pro doesn’t contain yeast, wheat, gluten, sugar, salt, dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soy, corn, dye or preservatives.
Quality Manufacturing Practices. All of our products are manufactured in an FDA-registered, GMP-certified facility.
Third-Party Tested in the USA. Every batch is third-party tested in USA laboratories to ensure the highest quality, purity and potency. Certificates of Analysis are available.
Prohealth’s TMG provides overall health benefits by promoting DNA sustenance - I have been taking Prohealth’s TMG for over 3 years has much improved over that time span. Prohealth’s customer service focus is also top tier.
I love the way that you can buy stuff from ProHealth in bulk. It's easy to put a scoop in my yogurt in the morning. TMG helps to replenish the methyl groups used up by NMN. It's involved in liver function, cellular reproduction, and helping make carnitine. It also helps the body metabolize an amino acid called homocysteine which can cause problems in excess.
All your products are very good quality
Take with [N][M][N]
This TMG is such a good quality supplement. I've tried others...but felt an immediate difference I'm health with this one. Will re order. I love it!!!
If your taking [N][M][N] then you should probably be taking a quality TMG product also since [N][M][N] uses methyl groups at a rapid rate and methyl groups are a valuable commodity used throughout your body, most notably in the repair chromosome double strand breaks which is of vital importance. I trust ProHealth to provide a quality TMG product as with most of their other products.
Very good product!
Seems to wokrk
TMG Pro Powder - 250 grams