Last Revised: December 30, 2022
We at ProHealth, Inc. and our affiliates (“ProHealth”, “we”, “us”) care deeply about privacy, security, and online safety. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is designed to inform you about how we collect, use, and disclose your Personal Information (as defined below), about visitors and users of our websites, online features, products, and services that link to this Privacy Notice (each a “Site,” or collectively, “our Sites”), and in connection with recruitment and pre-employment activities. This Privacy Notice also tells you about your rights and choices with respect to your Personal Information, and how you can reach us to get answers to your questions.
For the purposes of this Notice, ProHealth is the controller (i.e., responsible party) for the Personal Information practices described in this Notice.
You can access specific topics within this Privacy Notice by clicking on the relevant links below:
• Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
• Disclosures of Your Personal Information
• Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies
• Security Measures
• Data Retention
• Children’s Privacy
• Your Rights
• Exercising Your Rights
• Contact Us
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
When referenced in this Notice, the term “Personal Information” includes any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household, including any information that is subject to applicable data protection laws.
The following summary describes the type of Personal Information that we collect from you for our purposes and how we use that Personal Information. We also provide information regarding the legal basis of processing such Personal Information, as required by certain privacy laws.
Types of Data
Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data
- Service Providers. We may disclose Personal Information to authorized third parties who perform services for us (including cloud services, data storage, sales, human resources, and marketing). Our contracts with our service providers include commitments that they agree to limit their use of Personal Information and to comply with privacy and security standards at least as stringent as the terms of this Notice. Remember that if you provide Personal Information directly to a third party, such as through a link on the Site, that processing is typically based on their standards.
- Affiliated Companies. We may disclose such Personal Information with subsidiaries, affiliates or joint ventures as needed to provide our products and services and generally as necessary in the administration of a global organization.
- Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your Personal Information in connection with a proposed or actual corporate merger, acquisition, consolidation, sale of assets, bankruptcy, insolvency or other corporate change. Such recipient will be bound by terms and conditions reasonably similar to those set out in this Notice.
- Other Parties. We may disclose your Personal Information to legal, governmental, or judicial authorities, as instructed or required by those authorities or applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or an investigation of suspected illicit activity. We may also disclose such Personal Information if we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss.
- Deidentified Personal Information. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified data for any lawful purpose. Deidentified information is generally not considered to be Personal Information under applicable laws.
- Other Disclosures With Your Consent. We may disclose your Personal Information with your consent to other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this Notice.
- The right to access: You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Information. This access to information includes the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed, among other categories of information. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Information free of charge. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- The right to rectification (right to correct inaccurate information): You may have the right to request that we correct any Personal Information about you that is inaccurate. Depending on the purpose of the processing, you also have the right to request that we complete the Personal Information we hold about you where you believe it is incomplete, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten): You may have the right to request that we erase your Personal Information, under certain conditions. Please note that in many situations we must retain all, or a portion, of your Personal Information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, to protect against fraudulent, deceptive, or illegal activity, or for another one of our business purposes.
- The right to restrict processing: You may have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions. In such case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- The right to object to processing: You may have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information, under certain conditions, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Information. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your Personal Information will no longer be processed by us for such purposes. Such a right to object may, in particular, not exist if the processing of your Personal Information is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
- The right to data portability: You may have the right to request that we transfer the Personal Information we have collected about you to another organization, or directly to you, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions.
- The right to withdraw consent: Where we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
- Managing Communication Preferences: You can stop receiving promotional e-mails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive from us; or by logging into your account, and managing your email preferences. We may still send you some important emails, like responding to you by email if you send us a request or comment. You can opt-out of receiving text messages from us by replying “STOP” to the text message you receive from us. Please note that this will only opt you out of the specific text messaging program associated with that number.
Exercising Your Rights
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Calling us at (800) 366-6056
- Notice of Financial Incentive. We offer a monthly newsletter that provides certain perks, such as free shipping events and exclusive offers. When you sign up for our newsletter, we ask you to provide your email address. Because our newsletter involve the collection of personal information, they might be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program under California law. The value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the applicable program, less the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to newsletter participants.
- Links To Other Websites. Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with ProHealth. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit those websites. We have no control over third-party websites and are not responsible or liable for the content, privacy practices, or use of any websites that are not affiliated with ProHealth.
- Transmission of Information to Other Countries. We transmit information between and among our affiliates and to service providers. As a result, your Personal Information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat Personal Information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your Personal Information. If you would like more information concerning our measures to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction, you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Changes to This Privacy Notice. As ProHealth grows and our business changes, We may change our Privacy Notice and practices over time. We reserve the right to modify, expand, or update this Notice at any time as we deem appropriate to reflect those changes. To the extent that our Privacy Notice changes in a material way, the Privacy Notice that was in place at the time that you submitted Personal Information to us will generally govern that Personal Information unless we receive your consent to the new Privacy Notice. Our Privacy Notice includes an “effective” and “last updated” date. The effective date refers to the date that the current version took effect. The last updated date refers to the date that the current version was last substantively modified.
555 Maple Ave