Helps combat age-related health issues, improves bone strength and density
- Promotes calcium absorption
- Supports healthy immune function
Supports Healthy Aging. Aging can impact how vitamin D is metabolized in the body increasing the risk of skeletal health issues as well as other age-related health concerns such as impaired brain health, lowered immune function and heart health concerns. Research demonstrates supplementing with vitamin D may help maintain healthy vitamin D levels with age and reduce the risk of age-related health concerns.1
Supports Bone Health. Bone remodeling occurs throughout our lifetime. As we age, the rate of bone tissue generation decreases leading to skeletal weakness and frailty. Research shows that vitamin D, in combination with calcium, can increase bone tissue formation, strength and density.2, 3
Supports Immune Health. Decreased immunity is common among those over 40. Low levels of vitamin D have been associated with increased bacterial and viral infections. Maintaining appropriate vitamin D levels has been shown to improve the innate and adaptive response of the human immune system, including dental and intestinal infections.4
1. Mark KA, Dumas KJ, Bhaumik D, et al. Vitamin d promotes protein homeostasis and longevity via the stress response pathway genes skn-1, ire-1, and xbp-1. Cell Reports. 2016;17(5):1227-1237. doi:10.1016/j.celrep.2016.09.086
2. Veldurthy V, Wei R, Oz L, Dhawan P, Jeon YH, Christakos S. Vitamin D, calcium homeostasis and aging. Bone Res. 2016;4(1):1-7. doi:10.1038/boneres.2016.41 doi:10.1038/boneres.2016.41
3. Hill TR, Aspray TJ, Francis RM. Vitamin D and bone health outcomes in older age. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society. 2013;72(4):372-380. doi:10.1017/S0029665113002036
4. Ismailova A, White JH. Vitamin D, infections and immunity. Rev Endocr Metab Disord. 2022;23(2):265-277. doi:10.1007/s11154-021-09679-5
|Serving Size: 1 softgel|
|Servings Per Container: 50|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) from Lanolin
||1,250 mcg (50,000 IU)||6,250%|
|*Percent Daily Value (DV) based on a 2,000 calorie diet|
- Suggested Use: As directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- Storage: Close tightly after each use. Store in a cool, dry place. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Contraindications: Vitamin D levels should be monitored and contained within acceptable limits: 40-60 ng/mL or 100-150 nmol/L of 25 (OH) Vitamin D. (Conversion ratio: 1ng/mL equal to 2.5nmol/L). Some recommend higher. Individuals taking this product should consult and be monitored by their physician.
- Other Ingredients: Fractionated Coconut Oil (MCT), Gelatin.
- Contains No: Dairy, egg, soy, gluten, wheat or artificial colors or flavors.
Better Vitamin D Source. Compared to other products that commonly use vitamin D2, we use vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol). This is the natural form and more absorbable and potent compared to D2.
Higher Dose. ProHealth’s Vitamin D3 contains 50,000 IU’s per serving, 12,500% of the daily value. The strongest single dose available on the market at a cost far less than you would pay at the pharmacy.
Meets US Pharmacopeia Standards. Our vitamin D3 meets US Pharmacopeia standards.
No Unnecessary Ingredients. Our vitamin D3 is free from yeast, wheat, gluten, sugar, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, dye and preservatives.
Quality Manufacturing Practices. All of our products are manufactured in an FDA-registered, GMP-certified facility.
Third-Party Tested in the USA. Every batch is third-party tested in US laboratories to ensure the highest quality, purity and potency. Certificates of Analysis are available.
I need it but didn't know. If your on prescription consult you doctor
I mean, its vit d and its 50k iu. You're either getting a 5 or a 1 here and since we got 2 correct out of 2 possible then looks like we're awarding 5 points. Congrats.
My Vit D levels were low but after taking this for 2 months my levels were at the high range, works well. I did take with Vit K for absorption.
My script for this amount of D3 was no longer covered by my insurance. Found your site for the same amount (50,000 IU) ordered it and I am pleased.
Pro health always ships this out fast. These are great if you take a high dose of vitamin d and are small and easy to swallow. Always buy my vit d from pro health.
Vitamin D3 50,000 (50,000 IU, 50 softgels) by ProHealth
You offer a large amount of this product. CVS only offers 10,000
Trying to reduce the amount of tablets I take. High IU in one dose. Very happy