Everybody ages, but no one knows exactly why. What we do know is that increased fatigue, weakened bones and ill health walk in lockstep with aging, as does chronic illness.
Age is the number one risk factor for many illnesses. Researchers are making progress in understanding and treating each of these ailments, in their understanding of the aging process itself, and in how people can help slow the aging process for better overall health.
One such way to improve your overall health and longevity is nicotinamide mononucleotide, often found in the form of NMN supplements.
A Closer Look at NMN (Nicotinamide Mononucleotide)
NMN (nicotinamide mononucleotide) is a well-known compound that promotes longevity and supports health. It can be quickly converted by your body into the coenzyme nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD or NAD+ when it is oxidized), which is found in every cell. However, as you age, your levels of NAD naturally decline. Elevating those levels, especially as you get older, with NMN supplements, can help support healthy cells and a healthier you overall.
In addition to increasing levels of NAD+ in the body, NMN products appear to have other positive effects on health. Some NMN benefits are:
- Promoting longevity: NMN and longevity are linked because NMN helps your body’s cells maintain their ability to produce energy and maintain function. This reduces the cellular decline that normally occurs with age, which can help lessen the impact of aging on your body.
- Boosting cognitive function: Nicotinamide mononucleotide appears to help you maintain cognitive function. Your brain’s ability to think and reason may be enhanced or feel sharper.
- Reducing obesity: You’re more likely to gain weight as you get older and as your metabolism slows. Because obese people have lower levels of NAD+, replenishing it with NMN supplements may help reverse this and support a healthy body weight. Maintaining a healthy weight can also help reduce your risk of obesity-related illnesses.
- Boosting energy: Because nicotinamide mononucleotide helps decrease cellular decline, it may also boost energy. NMN supplements can give you the extra energy you need to get through the day, whether that means work, going to the gym, or taking care of your kids.
Types of NMN Supplements
NMN supplements are usually taken in one of the following four ways:
- NMN Powder: You can mix the nicotinamide mononucleotide powder into a liquid such as water or allow it to dissolve under your tongue for the highest absorption
- NMN Sustained-release Tablets: These produce a slower release of pure NMN than powder.
- Capsules: Like sustained-release NMN molecule supplements, capsules produce a slower release of NMN, which may elevate NMN levels for a longer period.
- Lozenges: Lozenges let you absorb NMN under your tongue, for fast absorption.
- Here at ProHealth Longevity, you can also buy NMN Bulk Powder (available in 100 grams, 250 grams, 500 grams, and 1 kilo amounts).
The best NMN supplement ultimately depends on how fast you want NMN to be absorbed and your preferred method of consumption.
Studies show that NMN appears to be safe for human use and has not been shown to cause any major side effects.
ProHealth Longevity specializes in NMN supplements and uses only the finest raw materials to create products that meet the strictest quality standards. Explore the many ProHealth NMN supplements we offer, or feel free to contact us with any questions about NMN.