Multi Collagen Blend - Specially Formulated for Longevity
WHY YOU NEED COLLAGEN SUPPLEMENTS AFTER 40
Are you struggling with fine lines, wrinkles, brittle hair and nails, gut problems, maybe even joint stiffness and pain? It’s likely due to decreased collagen production. Stress and diet can cause a reduction in collagen production, but so can aging. Starting around 35 years of age, your body slowly begins to produce less collagen. By 40 years of age, collagen breaks down at a faster rate than your body can produce it. The collagen your body does make is lower in quality compared to when you were younger. Compared to men, women have a significant reduction in collagen production following menopause. For both men and women, by 60 years of age, over half your body’s collagen has been depleted.
Collagen is the most abundant protein your body makes. Collagen is vital to health and found in skin, tissues, bones, cartilage, even blood vessels. Its main role is to help grow new cells, provide elasticity to skin and provide a protective covering for organs. It’s also critical to keeping joints healthy, strengthening hair and nails and supporting a healthy gut.
Decreased collagen production leads to numerous age-related effects including wrinkles, shrinking and weak muscles, joint pain, limited joint mobility, gut imbalances, lowered immunity and reduced blood flow.
Unlike most collagen supplements that focus on Type I and II collagen for skin or nail health, ProHealth Longevity Collagen Peptides were developed to support total health for people 40+. Our unique formulation replenishes depleted Type I, II, III, V, and X collagen, and helps ensure your body is getting the essential nutrients it needs to support healthy natural collagen production in your 40's, 50's, 60’s and beyond.
PROHEALTH LONGEVITY COLLAGEN IS FORMULATED FOR PEOPLE 40+
Each scoop of our Longevity Collagen Powder was formulated with clinically effective doses of each ingredient to tackle all aspects of age-related health concerns associated with low collagen production.
Multi collagen peptides (20 grams)
- Grassfed, Pasture-Raised Bovine Collagen from Brazil and Argentina
- Types I and III for improving skin elasticity and appearance, supporting bone, blood vessel, muscle and organ health.
- Wild Caught Alaskan Marine Collagen
- Types I and III for improving skin elasticity and appearance, reducing joint pain and supporting joint health.
- Eggshell Membrane Collagen
- Types I, V and X for improving skin elasticity, appearance and ability to retain moisture, restoring gut health, supporting joint health and restoring bone health.
- Chicken Collagen
- Type II for reducing joint pain and supporting joint health.
Pro-collagen (2 grams) to support natural collagen production (which is especially important after age 60)
- L-Glycine (1 gram)
- L-Proline (1 gram)
Collagen Boost Complex (365 grams) to help lubricate joints, fight against joint pain and stiffness, and increase the efficacy of the collagen
- Hyaluronic acid (250 mg)
- Vitamin C, biotin, zinc (115 mg)
Fully hydrolyzed collagen peptides. Collagen can’t be used in its whole protein form, so it must be hydrolyzed, or broken down into smaller pieces, known as peptides or amino acids. There are different levels of hydrolyzation though, which significantly impacts the efficacy, solubility, and taste of collagen. Unlike most hydrolyzed collagen, ProHealth Longevity Collagen Peptides are fully hydrolyzed- the most effective form of collagen, which allows your body to maximize absorption and use it almost immediately.
Water soluble and tasteless. Full hydrolyzation also makes our collagen fully soluble and tasteless so you can add it to your coffee, smoothie, juice, or even cold water.
There are 28 different types of collagen. The average collagen supplement contains only Type I and III though, to cut down on cost. But we include all five of the most important types to fully support your health and longevity beyond 40.
- Type I makes up more than 90 percent of collagen and is found in hair, skin, nails, bones, ligaments and organs.
- Type II is found in elastic cartilage and provides joint support.
- Type III is found in arterial walls, bones, tendons, skin and cartilage.
- Type IV is found in cell membranes.
- Type V is found primarily in bones.
CLINICAL RESEARCH SUPPORTS THE BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN AS YOU AGE
- Fewer Wrinkles and Firmer Skin. Supports skin health to improve signs of aging, such as wrinkles and decreased puffiness. One study evaluated the effectiveness of adding a collagen supplement and found after four weeks, there was an improvement in skin elasticity in women ages 35-55 years old. A meta-analysis of 19 different studies showed that supplementing with hydrolyzed collagen, compared to a placebo, is effective in reducing skin aging, reducing wrinkles and improving skin elasticity and hydration.
- Provides Support to Bones and Joints. As you age, losing too much bone mass can increase your risk of fractures. Collagen offers protection from bone loss and supports healthy bones and joints to allow you to move more freely and painlessly. In one study, bone mineral density increased when post-menopausal women took a collagen supplement. Several other studies, such as this one, support collagen having a positive effect on people who suffer from joint pain.
- Improves Digestion. One of the amino acids found in collagen, glycine, can help improve digestion by increasing stomach acid. The increased production of stomach acid allows for better digestion, helps prevent acid reflux and may even help restore gut health.
- Weight Management Support. Aging can lead to a slow metabolism and unwanted weight gain. Collagen contains high amounts of protein which can add to satiety and suppress appetite, helping to curb unwanted weight gain.
- Supports Organ and Tissue Health. The decrease in collagen production from aging leads to less support around key bodily processes, including tissue repair and organ health. Reduced tissue repair can be seen in fine lines and wrinkles, but can also contribute to deeper issues, such as organ health and delayed wound healing. A very small study examined the effect of collagen on people who had heart conditions. After 6 months, there was significant improvement in heart health markers.
- Helps Balance Blood Sugar. As we age, our bodies become less efficient at regulating blood sugar. Marine collagen is typically high in glycine, which positively supports insulin and blood sugar management. A small animal study showed that marine collagen may help reduce insulin resistance, and support healthy blood sugar control. (our Longevity Collagen includes an added gram of glycine per serving).
- Improves Muscle Mass. Muscle loss is a common occurrence with aging. A small study concluded that older adults who took collagen peptides had a greater improvement in muscle mass and strength compared to those who took a placebo as part of a 12-week study.
PROHEALTH COLLAGEN CERTIFICATIONS
Custom Collagen Certifications. At ProHealth, our collagen has a range of certifications to show our high commitment to quality.
- GMP Certified
- UL Certified
- SQF Certified
- Natural Products Association Member
- FDA Registered