Get Energized with Malic Acid & Magnesium*
- Promotes energy and comforts muscles*
- Twice the strength, ultimate convenience*
- Help enhance stamina and endurance*
View Certificate of Analysis »
Supports Energy Levels. Malic acid is a naturally occurring chemical found in foods, like apples and pears, that is used and synthesized in the mitochondria (our cells’ energy hub) as part of the Krebs cycle. Malic acid allows the body to make ATP (energy) more efficiently, even under low oxygen or hypoxic conditions. Magnesium also activates ATP production. (1)
Supports Muscle Relaxation and Comfort. Magnesium helps to relax muscles, and malic acid may help ease discomfort related to muscle and tissue hypoxia. People with musculoskeletal pain tend to have decreased oxygen levels in their muscles, also known as muscle hypoxia. Research has shown that people with musculoskeletal pain who took 300-600 mg of magnesium and 1,200-2,400 mg of malic acid for four to eight weeks experienced significant improvements in muscle pain-related symptoms in as little as 48 hours. (2)
Supports Healthy Mood. Magnesium is involved in the production of serotonin and many critical functions within the central nervous system, which can help to support a healthy mood. (3)
1. Qiang F. Effect of Malate-oligosaccharide Solution on Antioxidant Capacity of Endurance Athletes. Open Biomed Eng J. 2015;9:326-329. Published 2015 Oct 19. doi:10.2174/1874120701509010326
2. Russell IJ, Michalek JE, Flechas JD, Abraham GE. Treatment with Super Malic: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover pilot study. J Rheumatol. 1995;22(5):953-958. PMID: 8587088
3. Botturi A, Ciappolino V, Delvecchio G, Boscutti A, Viscardi B, Brambilla P. The Role and the Effect of Magnesium in Mental Disorders: A Systematic Review. Nutrients. 2020;12(6):1661. Published 2020 Jun 3. doi:10.3390/nu12061661
4. Al Alawi AM, Majoni SW, Falhammar H. Magnesium and Human Health: Perspectives and Research Directions. Int J Endocrinol. 2018;2018:9041694. Published 2018 Apr 16. doi:10.1155/2018/9041694
|Serving Size: 3 tablets|
|Servings Per Container: 60|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Magnesium (from magnesium oxide)||125 mg||30%|
|Malic Acid||1200 mg||*|
|* Daily Value not established|
- Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, silica, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, and coating (maltodextrin, sunflower lecithin, palm oil, guar gum).
- Contains No: Yeast, sugar, dairy, starch, salt, preservatives, artificial ingredients, gluten or salicylates.
Suggested Use: As a source of magnesium and malic acid, take three tablets with a glass of water one hour before breakfast and at bedtime, or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
- Contraindications: Excess magnesium may cause stomach upset.
- Note: Do not use if tamper-evident seal is broken or missing. Close tightly after each use. Color may vary from white-ish to gray-ish and does not affect potency. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Unique Formulation. Compared to other magnesium supplements that contain only magnesium, ProHealth’s Malic Acid + Magnesium is our unique formulation, combined to work synergistically to promote energy, mood and muscle function.
- Unique Source of Magnesium. There are numerous sources of magnesium available, but we used magnesium sourced from magnesium oxide specifically because it plays a vital role in muscle contractions and relieving spasms and muscle cramps.
- Quality Dosing. ProHealth’s Malic Acid + Magnesium contains 125 mg of magnesium oxide and 1200 mg of malic acid per serving. This moderate dose of magnesium (30% of the Daily Value) is beneficial because excessive magnesium intake can cause diarrhea, nausea or digestive upset. Many other malic acid supplements on the market contain only 500-1000 mg of malic acid. Malic acid is essential for the formation of ATP to support healthy energy production.
- Quality Manufacturing Practices. All of our products are manufactured in an FDA-registered, GMP-certified facility.
- Third-Party Tested in the USA. Every batch is third-party tested in US laboratories to ensure the highest quality, purity and potency. Certificates of Analysis are available.
I've used Prohealth products for two decades. This particular product is effective for helping my muscles flush lactic acid.
Malic Acid + Magnesium (1200 mg, 180 tablets) by ProHealth
I have been taking ATP Plus for over 20 years. It has greatly reduced my muscle pain and aches until the last couple of years. I am taking the malic acid + magnesium but it doesn’t seem to be working well.
Malic Acid + Magnesium (1200 mg, 180 tablets) by ProHealth
I would just wake up and sit in my recliner to have my coffee and would fall asleep! I’ve only taken this a few nights and already feel more energetic and haven’t fallen asleep the past few mornings.
I took only 1 tablet of the recommended 3 tablets. It caused very uncomfortable abdominal cramping. I tried this on two separate occasions with the same results each time.
I’ve used this product for years. It is great for fatigue! I highly recommend this product.
Even though I have only been using Malic Acid and Magnesium for one week I am starting to notice the difference. I have become less tired and my energy levels have improved. I can imagine how much better I will feel as time goes on.
Thanks so much
Takes away cramps in legs and feet
I originally started taking Mail Acid-Magnesium through a misdirected package. Since starting I've noticed how well it works , quickly at relaxing my disturbed sleep and how it steadies my hyper nerves. I now take it fairly regularly to gently go to sleep and early in the morning before getting up for my day. It's gentle and priced right. Did I mention I'm 65 years young but do go through some varied sleep patterns more often . It's a great cost effective solution.