NAD+ precursor that supports cellular function, heart health and cognition
- Nicotinamide riboside (NR) is a derivative of the B-vitamin niacin that supports health and longevity by serving as a precursor to NAD+.
- NR supplementation has been found to improve various parameters of health, including cardiovascular health, cognition and neurological function, gene expression and healthy body weight.
Supports Cognition. Declining cognitive function with age is related to reduced NAD+ levels that impair mitochondrial function. Replenishing NAD+ stores through NR may be able to prevent this dysfunction. One study found that adults with a newly diagnosed neurodegenerative condition who took 1,000 mg NR for 30 days had increased cerebral NAD+ levels, mild clinical improvement and reduced activity of pro-inflammatory molecules in the cerebrospinal fluid. NR also increased the activity of genes involved with mitochondrial function and antioxidant responses. In animal and cell-based models, NR boosted brain NAD+ levels in mice, supported cognitive performance and behavior and slowed disease progression in several others. The mechanisms behind these benefits included reduced neuroinflammation, increased levels of BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) and elevated sirtuin activity. (1,2)
Supports Heart Health. Boosting NAD+ bioavailability with precursors like NR has been proposed as a strategy for supporting cardiovascular health in aging adults. Research showed that adults who took 1,000 mg of NR per day for six weeks had reduced blood pressure. Specifically, people with elevated blood pressure had a reduction in average systolic blood pressure (SBP) after taking NR compared to the placebo. NR had positive effects on risk factors for age-related cardiovascular events, such as aortic stiffness. (3)
Supports Metabolism and Healthy Weight. Although excessive body weight can develop at any age, adults over age 40 are particularly susceptible to age-related weight gain as metabolism slows down and body composition is altered to favor fat over lean muscle. As obese individuals have reductions in both NAD+ levels and ATP (energy) production, replenishing NAD+ through NR can help to reverse this while improving metabolic pathways to maintain a healthy weight. Research shows that supplementing with NR reduces fat mass and increases fat-free mass. (4)
1. Brakedal B, Dölle C, Riemer F, et al. The NADPARK study: A randomized phase I trial of nicotinamide riboside supplementation in Parkinson's disease. Cell Metab. 2022;34(3):396-407.e6. doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2022.02.001
2. Nkrumah-Elie Y, Erickson A, Idoine R, et al. Nicotinamide Riboside Supports Brain Health: Assessing the Evidence. Curr Dev Nutr. 2022;6(Suppl 1):798. Published 2022 Jun 14. doi:10.1093/cdn/nzac064.017
3. Martens CR, Denman BA, Mazzo MR, et al. Chronic nicotinamide riboside supplementation is well-tolerated and elevates NAD+ in healthy middle-aged and older adults. Nat Commun. 2018;9(1):1286. Published 2018 Mar 29. doi:10.1038/s41467-018-03421-7
4. Remie CME, Roumans KHM, Moonen MPB, et al. Nicotinamide riboside supplementation alters body composition and skeletal muscle acetylcarnitine concentrations in healthy obese humans. Am J Clin Nutr. 2020;112(2):413-426. doi:10.1093/ajcn/nqaa072
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules|
|Servings Per Container: 30
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Nicotinamide Riboside Chloride (NIAGEN®)||500 mg||†|
|TMG (Trimethylglycine)||250 mg||†|
|† Daily Value not established.|
Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules daily, with or without food, or as directed by your
health care practitioner.
Note: Store in a cool dry place.
- Caution: Not intended for use by pregnant or nursing women. Not formulated for use in children. If you have a medical condition or are taking medications, consult with your health care provider before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, HPMC capsule.
- Does Not Contain: Dairy, egg, soy, gluten, wheat, or artificial colors or flavors.
- Clinically-Proven NR.. ProHealth Longevity’s NR uses a clinically-proven form of NR (Niagen®) to boost NAD+ levels.
- Higher Doses. ProHealth Longevity’s Nicotinamide Riboside Pro 500 contains 500 mg of NR per serving.
- Combines NR and TMG. When taken as a supplement, NAD+ boosters like NR may require the use of methyl groups to help facilitate the conversion of NAD+ in your cells. Although there is currently no evidence suggesting that NR’s natural methylation process depletes the methyl pool, many top anti-aging experts suggest that safeguarding against methyl depletion may be a wise proactive step to augment your NR intake. TMG, the choice of many of those experts, is an excellent way to help support your body's ability to maintain an adequate methyl pool.
- Convenient Capsule Form. This NR comes in capsule form, making it easy and convenient to take NR while on the go or traveling.
- Solvent-Free. Compared to other NR products, ours is made without any chemical solvents.
- Quality Manufacturing Practices. All of our products are manufactured in an FDA-registered, GMP-certified facility.
- Third-Party Tested in the USA. Every batch is third-party tested in US laboratories to ensure the highest quality, purity and potency. Certificates of Analysis are available.
Niagen seems to be one of the only types of NR in a form that is shelf stable.
I tried to switch to this from the [N][M][N] lozenges, but this kills my stomach so I’m switching back.
I was rather surprised with this product. I have not felt any improvement at all. Not that I have any aliments. However I workout quite a bit as well as a healthy diet, and I was hoping for more energy and stamina. It has been quite the opposite
Nicotinamide Riboside Pro 500 - 500 mg NIAGEN®, 250 mg TMG, 60 capsules
Help improve sleep
I feel great. I believe it's effective.
Since finishing my first bottle, my energy levels have noticeably increased. I will definitely be incorporating this into my Longevity supplement routine. I sincerely appreciate ProHealth for offering such a beneficial product.
I'm so happy that ProHealth decided to sell real Niagen NR with TMG already added. Everyone who takes an NAD precursor should also take something to replenish the methyl groups that are depleted by converting NR to NAD. I trust ProHealth because they publish the 3rd party lab tests for every product- and finding a supplement company who you can trust is like finding a four leaf clover and a lucky penny in the same day... BTW I actually take 1000 mg per day which is double the dose since lots of clinicals use 1000 mg but nobody reputable sells anything higher than 500mg since that's the max the FDA allows for supplements.
My wife was on 500mg-1gm of Liposomal [N] [M] [N]/1gm TMG per day She has just started your 500mg Nicotinamide Ribosome Pro/250mg TMG 2-cap daily serving. She has only been on this new formulation for a few days, and per her subjective view she hasn't noticed any dramatic difference aside from greater ease of taking her daily dosage. We'll know more after her next blood test and a longer trial period. Will update my review as we have new comments to add!