Enzogenol Pine Bark Extract is a powerful antioxidant which promotes longevity and overall wellness, especially for those over 40.
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Supports cognitive function and brain plasticity
- Improves skin health and appearance
- Protects joints from wear and tear
- Enhances immunity and athletic recovery
Promotes Cardiovascular Health. Pine bark extract contains antioxidants, such as proanthocyanidins, that may contribute to maintaining heart health in older adults by improving blood flow and increasing plasma antioxidant capacity. In addition, its polyphenol content has been shown to modulate LDL cholesterol levels in human studies. (1, 2)
Supports Cognitive Function and Brain Plasticity.Pine bark extract has been shown to promote autophagy, an internal process that removes dysfunctional cells, which may be beneficial for brain function and plasticity by maintaining neuron health and facilitating the formation of new neural connections. (3)
Improves Skin Health and Appearance. Pine bark extract is rich in proanthocyanins, compounds that may support collagen production and improve skin health by protecting against UV damage, promoting skin elasticity, and reducing the appearance of age-related skin issues. (4)
Protects Joints from Wear and Tear. The antioxidants in pine bark extract may help reduce joint discomfort and protect joints from age-related damage by neutralizing free radicals that cause oxidative stress and contribute to the breakdown of cartilage. (5, 6)
Improves DNA Integrity. Pine bark extract supports DNA damage reduction as shown in a 12-week study of human subjects via enhanced capacity to control free radical damage in cells. (4, 7)
May Improve Athletic Performance and Recovery. Some research suggests that pine bark extract could enhance cellular antioxidant levels, possibly promoting better athletic performance and recovery by reducing muscle fatigue and supporting muscle repair processes. (8)
1. Devaraj S, Vega-López S, Kaul N, Schönlau F, Rohdewald P, Jialal I. Supplementation with a pine bark extract rich in polyphenols increases plasma antioxidant capacity and alters the plasma lipoprotein profile. Lipids. 2002;37(10):931-934. doi:10.1007/s11745-006-0982-3
2. Nakayama S, Kishimoto Y, Saita E, et al. Pine bark extract prevents low-density lipoprotein oxidation and regulates monocytic expression of antioxidant enzymes. Nutrition Research. 2015;35(1):56-64. doi:10.1016/j.nutres.2014.10.010
3. Theadom A, Mahon S, Barker-Collo S, et al. Enzogenol for cognitive functioning in traumatic brain injury: a pilot placebo-controlled RCT. Eur J Neurol. 2013;20(8):1135-1144. doi:10.1111/ene.12099
4. Senthilmohan ST, Zhang J, Stanley RA. Effects of flavonoid extract Enzogenol® with vitamin C on protein oxidation and DNA damage in older human subjects. Nutrition Research. 2003;23(9):1199-1210. doi:10.1016/S0271-5317(03)00127-1
5. Yazaki Y. Utilization of flavonoid compounds from bark and wood: a review. Natural Product Communications. 2015;10(3):1934578X1501000. doi:10.1177/1934578X1501000333
6. Li YY, Feng J, Zhang XL, Cui YY. Pine bark extracts: nutraceutical, pharmacological, and toxicological evaluation. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2015;353(1):9-16. doi:10.1124/jpet.114.220277
7. Kim DS, Kim MS, Kang SW, Sung HY, Kang YH. Pine bark extract enzogenol attenuated tumor necrosis factor-α-induced endothelial cell adhesion and monocyte transmigration. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58(11):7088-7095. doi:10.1021/jf1005287
8. O’Callaghan YC, Drummond E, O’Gorman DM, O’Brien NM. Antioxidant and pro-apoptotic effects of marine-derived, multi-mineral aquamin supplemented with a pine bark extract, enzogenol, and a green tea extract, sunphenon. Journal of Medicinal Food. 2013;16(10):920-926. doi:10.1089/jmf.2012.0258
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Enzogenol® Pine Bark Extract (Pinus radiata)||250 mg||†
|† Daily value not established|
- Other Ingredients: Organic Rice Flour, Hypromellose.
- Does Not Contain: Dairy, wheat, gluten, egg, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, sesame.
Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules per day, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Storage Instructions: Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if tamper evident seal is broken or missing.
Caution: Not intended for use by pregnant or nursing women. Not formulated for use in children. If you have a medical condition or are taking medications, consult with your health care provider before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Better Absorption. Our Enzogenol® Pine Bark Extract is formulated for optimal absorption, ensuring you receive the full benefits of this natural supplement by maximizing the bioavailability of its active compounds.
- Higher Diversity of Compounds: Our Enzogenol® Pine Bark Extract, thanks to its mechanical fractionation process, offers a wider range of beneficial compounds compared to Pycnogenol, which is subjected to a chemical fractionation process. This higher diversity contributes to its enhanced antioxidant activity.
- Higher Concentrations. Our Enzogenol® Pine Bark Extract is standardized at a higher concentration than other pine bark extracts available, so you get the benefits of more active compounds while taking a smaller dose.
- Research-Supported. Enzogenol® Pine Bark Extract is supported by numerous peer-reviewed, double-blind, placebo-controlled studies in humans, indicating its potential to promote longevity, heart health, and overall wellness in older adults.
- Quality Manufacturing Practices. All of our products are manufactured in an FDA-registered, GMP-certified facility.
- Third-Party Tested in the USA. Every batch is third-party tested in US laboratories to ensure the highest quality, purity and potency. Certificates of Analysis are available.
Pills are small and easy to take, too early to tell about health benefits as of yet.
Too early to tell if making any gains with this supplement. Hoping it will work as a polyphenols to feed the Microbiome, as well as supporting the cardiovascular health. Prohealth is very reputable, and makes good supplements.