How to Get All the Leafy Green Vegetables Your Body Needs Daily – Even if You Don't Like Greens
When you see a serving of kale or collard greens on your plate, is your first reaction “Yum” or “Yuck”?
Despite the fact that dark green leafy vegetables contain perhaps the most concentrated source of nutrients of any food group, many people consume very few leafy greens on a daily basis. And most do not come close to eating the USDA’s recommended three cups of greens each day.
There is, however, an easy way to fulfill your body’s daily need for greens—even if you don’t like them. It’s called Ultimate Greens™.
I have to confess I fall into the “Yuck” camp when it comes to most leafy green veggies. Other than a few salad greens, I find it difficult to force myself to take even a few bites, and I certainly don’t come anywhere close to eating three cups a day.
That’s why I was so excited to discover Ultimate Greens! One scoop of Ultimate Greens powder mixed into my favorite beverage once a day easily gives me far more nutritive value than I could ever get by just eating more greens—and it tastes so much better.
Benefits of Ultimate Greens
Ultimate Greens is a complete source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fiber. This nutrient-rich super green foods formula contains a complex variety of plant enzymes, herbs, algae, and grasses. A powerhouse of nutrition is packed into each small scoop of Ultimate Greens.
Ultimate Greens benefits:
- Supports healthy digestion
- Optimizes pH balance
- Promotes enhanced immune function
- Aids the body in detoxification
Support Healthy Digestion with Prebiotics and Probiotics
Simply put, our gastrointestinal tract contains both “good” bacteria and “bad” bacteria, ideally in about a 50/50 ratio. When everything is working properly, the good bacteria are able to keep the bad bacteria at bay and all is well. But if the bad bacteria begin to take over, you can develop an array of digestive problems.
Probiotics are the good bacteria found in the intestines. They can be replenished by eating certain fermented foods like yogurt and sauerkraut or by taking probiotic supplements. Prebiotics are indigestible carbohydrates called oligosaccharides, which feed and encourage the growth of probiotic bacteria. Ultimate Greens contains both prebiotics and probiotics that support the growth of healthy intestinal flora (good bacteria), thereby promoting proper digestion and detoxification.
Optimize Your pH Balance
Every solution, including body fluids, is either acidic or alkaline. The term “pH balance” refers to the body’s need to maintain an appropriate balance of both acid and alkaline. For optimum health, your pH should be slightly alkaline.
When your pH is acidic, you become more susceptible to fatigue and illness because:
- Your body’s ability to absorb nutrients is decreased.
- Your body’s ability to repair damaged cells is decreased.
- Your body’s ability to detoxify heavy metals is reduced.
- Cellular energy production is reduced.
The acidity or alkalinity of your body’s pH is largely determined by diet, although emotional stress, toxic stress and immune reactions can also play a part.
When it comes to food, the terms acid and alkaline do not refer to the pH of the food itself, but rather to the pH of the residue or ash left in the body after the food is digested. If a food is referred to as an alkaline food, it means that the food produces an alkaline ash when it is digested. Likewise, an acid food is one that produces an acid ash after digestion.
A diet aimed at maintaining health should consist of about 60% alkaline foods and 40% acid foods. However, if you are trying to restore health, your diet should consist of an 80/20 alkaline to acid ratio.
Unfortunately, the average American diet today is the exact opposite — 20% alkaline and 80% acid. Because typical diets are filled with so many highly processed, nutrient-depleted and hard-to-digest foods, the pH of most Americans tends to be very acidic.
Alkaline-producing foods are mostly vegetables, fruits, herbs and spices. Everything else—including meats, fish, poultry, beans, dairy products, grains, pasta, oils and most condiments—can be found in the list of acid-producing foods.
Given those lists, would it be difficult for you to eat a diet made up of mostly alkaline foods? This is where Ultimate Greens can come to the rescue.
Ultimate Greens is loaded with organically grown super green foods like barley grass leaf, wheat grass and alfalfa juice, which work synergistically to neutralize acid and balance the body’s pH.
Promote Enhanced Immune Function with Antioxidants
Oxidative stress and free radicals have been linked to cellular damage, which can impair your immune system, leaving your body vulnerable to numerous chronic illnesses and life-threatening diseases. Antioxidants are nutrients that can prevent or slow the damage of oxidative stress and help protect your cells against the damaging effects of free radicals.
Ultimate Greens contains green tea and grape seed extracts, both of which are packed full of antioxidants known as polyphenols. Recent research has shown polyphenols to have even more antioxidant power than the important vitamins A, C and E.
Help Your Body Detoxify
In addition to the detoxification benefits provided by probiotics, Ultimate Greens contains two powerful detoxifying nutrients – chlorella and milk thistle.
- Chlorella is often used in detox regimens to help rid the body of pesticides and heavy metals like mercury, cadmium and lead that can accumulate in your body and result in serious health problems.
- Milk thistle is known to be an effective liver detoxifier. One of the liver’s many jobs is to clean alcohol, drugs, poisons, pollutants and other toxins from the blood. When the liver is overwhelmed by too many toxins, it becomes less effective at doing all of its jobs. Milk thistle can help protect the liver from damage, improve its ability to function properly and even enhance its ability to regenerate.
Tasty Tips for Mixing Ultimate Greens
Given the name Ultimate Greens, quite frankly I was afraid it would taste like ground-up grass. I certainly wasn’t expecting to like it. But I was happily surprised to discover that Ultimate Greens has a very pleasant, mildly tropical flavor that I actually enjoy.
It’s particularly good when mixed with cold beverages like ice water or fruit juices such as grape, apple, guava, pomegranate, etc. And unlike James Bond’s martinis, Ultimate Greens mixtures can be either shaken or stirred because it mixes well, even in cold drinks.
Following are some additional taste-tempting ideas from other Ultimate Greens users:
- Ultimate Greens adds a nice flavor to iced tea. Since it is naturally sweetened, it’s not necessary to add any additional sweeteners to your tea (unless you like it extra-sweet).
- Add a scoop of Ultimate Greens to your favorite smoothie recipe.
- Try adding Ultimate Greens to vegetable juice combos.
- Ultimate Greens also mixes well with protein powder drinks or diet shakes.
- Smoothies made by mixing Ultimate Greens, fruit and ice in a blender are very tasty.
- For kids who won’t eat their greens, try mixing some Ultimate Greens in pudding or making popsicles by freezing a mixture of fruit juice and Ultimate Greens.
- Try mixing a little Ultimate Greens into your favorite jam for a little extra nutrition.
- Make Ultimate Greens ice cubes to use with other beverages to boost the nutrition in any cold drink.
Note: Mixing Ultimate Greens with citrus or tomato juices is not recommended because they interfere with its pH-balancing effect.
It’s Not Easy Being Green
I should forewarn you that Ultimate Greens, as you might expect, is very green; the color tends to dominate whatever it is mixed with. If ‘eye appeal’ is important to you and you find it difficult to drink something that green, I’d recommend mixing it in an opaque vessel—like a stainless-steel travel mug with a lid—so you can’t see the color.
Dosage: As a dietary supplement, drink a scoop (10 grams) of Ultimate Greens mixed with water or your favorite non-citrus juice or other beverage each day. (Scoop is included.)
Storage: Ultimate Greens should be stored in the refrigerator after opening to maintain optimum freshness.
Contains No: Egg, dairy, yeast, artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors.