Vitamins D3 + K2 Work Together to Support Bone and Heart Health
- Vitamin D is beneficial for supporting immune function, heart health, bone strength, and mood support.
- Vitamin K2 supports bone and teeth strength and cardiovascular health.
- While both vitamin D3 and K2 are beneficial on their own, they need to work together to ensure strong bones and teeth.
- Vitamin D3 directs calcium from the food you eat into the bloodstream, while vitamin K2 takes that calcium away from the blood and into your bones and teeth to avoid calcification in arteries and blood vessels.
- This supplement combines 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 with 100 mcg of vitamin K2, ensuring you get the right doses of both vitamins in one capsule.
Supports Bone Strength. Vitamin D regulates the activity of phosphorus and calcium—two nutrients necessary for proper bone mineralization. With age, insufficient vitamin D can cause bone softening, loss of bone mineral density, and fractures. Research shows that each 10 ng/mL decrease in serum vitamin D levels is associated with a 33% increased risk of hip fracture in postmenopausal women. Vitamin K2 works together with vitamin D3 to support bone strength, as it directs calcium out of the bloodstream and into the bones, where it can increase bone mineral density. (1, 2)
Supports Cardiovascular Health. Vitamins D3 and K2 support heart health by ensuring calcium doesn’t build up (or calcify) in vascular tissue, which are leading causes of narrowed blood vessels and cardiovascular conditions. Vitamin D3 may also support healthy blood pressure and glucose metabolism. (2)
Supports Healthy Immune Function. Vitamin D plays a role in the innate immune response, which provides the first line of defense against invading pathogens. It helps to enhance the production of antimicrobial compounds and other defensive immune cells, as well as strengthen cells’ physical barrier function to keep pathogens out. In one meta-analysis, people who took vitamin D supplements had a 19% reduced risk of developing infections in the respiratory tract. (3)
Supports Healthy Mood. The therapeutic use of sunshine or light therapy for mood disorders has been used for centuries. Studies show that maintaining healthy vitamin D levels or taking vitamin D supplements significantly improves mood and mental health conditions. (4)
Supports Dental Health. A protein called osteocalcin is dependent on vitamin K2, which increases dentin production—the tissue under the tooth’s enamel. Due to its ability to take calcium from the bloodstream and deposit it into teeth, vitamin K2 can slow down the tooth loss that is common with age. (2)
1. Cauley JA, Lacroix AZ, Wu L, et al. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentrations and risk for hip fractures. Ann Intern Med. 2008;149(4):242‐250. doi:10.7326/0003-4819-149-4-200808190-00005
2. Halder M, Petsophonsakul P, Akbulut AC, et al. Vitamin K: Double Bonds beyond Coagulation Insights into Differences between Vitamin K1 and K2 in Health and Disease. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;20(4):896. doi:10.3390/ijms20040896
3. Martineau AR, Jolliffe DA, Hooper RL, et al. Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory tract infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data. BMJ. 2017;356:i6583. doi:10.1136/bmj.i6583
4. Spedding S. Vitamin D and [mood]: a systematic review and meta-analysis comparing studies with and without biological flaws. Nutrients. 2014;6(4):1501-1518. Published 2014 Apr 11. doi:10.3390/nu6041501
|Serving Size: 1 Capsule|
|Servings Per Container: 90|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)||125 mcg (5000 IU)||625%
|Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone-7)||100 mcg||†
|† Daily Value not established|
Nu-Flow® is a registered trademark of Ribus, Inc. BioPerine® is a registered trademark of Sabinsa, Co.
- Other Ingredients: Hypromellose, Organic Nu-Flow® (Organic Brown Rice Concentrate).
- Does Not Contain: Gluten.
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule per day, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
- Storage Instructions: Store in a cool, dry place. Do not use if tamper evident seal is broken or missing.
Caution: Not intended for use by pregnant or nursing women. Not formulated for use in children. If you have a medical condition or are taking medications, consult with your health care provider before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Combines Effective Doses of Vitamin D3 + K2. Instead of taking separate vitamin D and K2 supplements, ProHealth Longevity combines the two synergistic vitamins in one easy-to-take capsule at effective doses (5,000 IU of vitamin D3 with 100 mcg of vitamin K2).
- Capsule Form. Capsules are an easy, convenient, and portable way to get combined vitamin D3 and K2.
- Solvent-Free. Unlike many other supplements, ProHealth Longevity’s D3 + K2 is made without any potentially toxic chemical solvents.
- Quality Manufacturing Practices. All of our products are manufactured in an FDA-registered, GMP-certified facility.
- Third-Party Tested in the USA. Every batch is third-party tested in US laboratories to ensure the highest quality, purity and potency. Certificates of Analysis are available.
The products work! The company is quick to respond or chat with any concerns.
I like the quality of their supplements.
Love that this is not just vitamin d on its own, having vitamin k with it is makes it perfect for absorption! Also appreciate that the pill is small and easy to swallow.