Support Energy Production, Bone Strength, and Metabolic Function With Age
- Supports healthy aging processes
- Supports heart, bone, and metabolic health
- Supports cognitive vitality
- Helps to boost antioxidant levels inside cells
Promotes Metabolic Function and Longevity. Alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG) is a compound that is created naturally in the body but tends to diminish with age. In supplement form, AKG can be attached to a calcium salt (Ca-AKG), which has been studied for its role in supporting metabolic function and longevity. (1)
Stimulates Autophagy. Autophagy, our internal recycling process that removes dysfunctional cells, decreases with age. Ca-AKG has been found to support this process. (2)
Aides in Bone and Muscle Health. Ca-AKG is involved in stimulating protein synthesis and energy production in the body, as it is a vital component of the Krebs cycle - the process that creates ATP (energy) from food. Ca-AKG is also a source of the essential amino acids needed to make collagen, which is a protein that helps to support bone and muscle health. (3)
Supports Blood Sugar Regulation. As we age, our bodies become less efficient at regulating blood sugar. Research shows that Ca-AKG can help to support healthy blood sugar levels. (3)
Supports Cellular Health. The mitochondria, our cells’ main energy hub decreases with age leading to aging and numerous age-related health concerns. Ca-AKG has been found to activate AMPK a pathway that helps maintain cellular energy and support cellular function. (3)
Improves Antioxidant Levels: Ca-AKG has also been shown to boost cellular antioxidant levels in aged mice, which helped support the mice’s blood vessel elasticity - a measure of good cardiovascular health. (4)
1. Asadi Shahmirzadi A, Edgar D, Liao CY, et al. Alpha-Ketoglutarate, an Endogenous Metabolite, Extends Lifespan and Compresses Morbidity in Aging Mice. Cell Metab. 2020;32(3):447-456.e6. doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2020.08.004
2. Chin R, Fu X, Pai M., et al. The metabolite α-ketoglutarate extends lifespan by inhibiting ATP synthase and TOR. Nature. 2014;510:397–40. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature13264
3. Wu N, Yang M, Gaur U, Xu H, Yao Y, Li D. Alpha-Ketoglutarate: Physiological Functions and Applications. Biomol Ther (Seoul). 2016;24(1):1-8. doi:10.4062/biomolther.2015.078
4. Niemiec T, Sikorska J, Harrison A, et al. Alpha-ketoglutarate stabilizes redox homeostasis and improves arterial elasticity in aged mice. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011;62(1):37-43.
5. Demidenko O, Barardo D, Budovskii V, et al. Rejuvant®, a potential life-extending compound formulation with alpha-ketoglutarate and vitamins, conferred an average 8 year reduction in biological aging, after an average of 7 months of use, in the TruAge DNA methylation test. Aging (Albany NY). 2021;13(22):24485-24499. doi:10.18632/aging.203736
6. Wu N, Yang M, Gaur U, Xu H, Yao Y, Li D. Alpha-Ketoglutarate: Physiological Functions and Applications. Biomol Ther (Seoul). 2016;24(1):1-8. doi:10.4062/biomolther.2015.078
7. Wang Y, Deng P, Liu Y, et al. Alpha-ketoglutarate ameliorates age-related osteoporosis via regulating histone methylations. Nat Commun. 2020;11(1):5596. Published 2020 Nov 5. doi:10.1038/s41467-020-19360-
8. Niemiec T, Sikorska J, Harrison A, et al. Alpha-ketoglutarate stabilizes redox homeostasis and improves arterial elasticity in aged mice. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011;62(1):37-43.
9. Wu N, Yang M, Gaur U, Xu H, Yao Y, Li D. Alpha-Ketoglutarate: Physiological Functions and Applications. Biomol Ther (Seoul). 2016;24(1):1-8. doi:10.4062/biomolther.2015.078
10. Asadi Shahmirzadi A, Edgar D, Liao CY, et al. Alpha-Ketoglutarate, an Endogenous Metabolite, Extends Lifespan and Compresses Morbidity in Aging Mice. Cell Metab. 2020;32(3):447-456.e6. doi:10.1016/j.cmet.2020.08.004
11. Chin R, Fu X, Pai M., et al. The metabolite α-ketoglutarate extends lifespan by inhibiting ATP synthase and TOR. Nature. 2014;510:397–40. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature13264
|Serving Size: 2 Capsules|
|Servings Per Container: 30|
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Calcium Alpha Ketoglutarate||1,000 mg||†|
|† Daily Value not established|
- Other Ingredients: Organic Rice Flour, Vegetarian Capsule (Cellulose and water)
- Does Not Contain: Artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, gluten, soybean, corn, or yeast.
- Suggested Daily Use: Take 2 capsules daily, in the morning, with or without food.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place away from direct light.
- Caution: If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking prescription drugs, consult your health care professional before using this product. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- Better Absorption. Compared to other products that commonly use unbound AKG or AKG bound to arginine, our AKG is bound to calcium. This combination has been shown to promote extended lifespan and health span in mice, even when administered late in life. It also helps to slow the absorption allowing it to work longer in the body.
- Research-Supported. Calcium AKG Longevity is formulated using 1,000 mg of calcium alpha ketoglutarate, which has been shown in clinical research to promote longevity by reversing biological age (measured by biological age tests), improve markers of heart health and decrease risk of age-related decline in bone health.
- Quality Manufacturing Practices. All of our products are manufactured in an FDA-registered, GMP-certified facility.
- Third-Party Tested in the USA. Every batch is third-party tested in US laboratories to ensure the highest quality, purity and potency. Certificates of Analysis are available.
Trusted Brand for Calcium AKG
"This is an awesome product. It has slowed and reversed my graying hair. I am 52 and would usually color my edges every 3 weeks but since using this product (1x every other day) for the last month, I've noticed way less gray coming in and have decided to stop dying my edges. Good quality product!"
- Debbie R., Verified ProHealth Longevity Customer
Not sure whether it’ll improve my longevity. but I’m impressed that you have this product on offer as it seems to be getting the attention of some serious life-extension researchers.
Provides an easily absorbable form of calcium to support bone health. Calcium AKG is said to be better absorbed than calcium carbonate
Noticeable energy difference
Hard to tell if Calcium actually working, but I feel good, its easy to take. My only complaint is that this and my Brain-Mag Pro are so similar, I often get them confused when I am setting up my weekly medicine.
Calcium AKG Longevity - 1,000 mg, 60 capsules
Calcium AKG Longevity - 1,000 mg, 60 capsules
Calcium AKG Longevity (1,000 mg per 2 capsule serving, 60 capsules) by ProHealth Longevity
Un gran producto, mejora desde el inicio la salud.
So far, so good with tomorrow few months when I get my calcium rechecked. No notice for bad effects, so I am optimistic!
Im searching for best healthy products - from all studies I reviewed - Calcium AKG has very promising results for humans - and ProHealth products are of high quality.